T-Shirt Logo - Finished Design

Neon_Matrix

So I've finally finished the logo...thanks to only one person who responded...cough...but I cant decide between two finalized logos which I should actually use. So this time, PLEASE, ANY input would be great, about how to alter them or which of the two to use. I also posted an idea of how the finished shirt would look, and any ideas for it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LangtonCrestsVert.gif

FrontBack1.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I like the first version better than the second one. I don't know why, but I think it's because of the circular buttons around the outside - it gives it a more distinct look than the second badge. I also like the "Est. 1868" at the bottom of the first one, how it's fitted to the curve on the bottom - looks more rugged than the simple dates on the second one.

Plus, having the 05, 06 on the sides is better overall too. Can't really explain it...I think it just balances it more visually.

Hope this helps.

I like the first version better than the second one. I don't know why, but I think it's because of the circular buttons around the outside - it gives it a more distinct look than the second badge. I also like the "Est. 1868" at the bottom of the first one, how it's fitted to the curve on the bottom - looks more rugged than the simple dates on the second one.

Plus, having the 05, 06 on the sides is better overall too. Can't really explain it...I think it just balances it more visually.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does, thanks for responding. Now my only problem is trying to figure out how to do the back and what to put on it...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Take the first one, lose the buttons or whatever you have going around the outside and I'd say you have a winner. It would look much cleaner, IMO.

What could I put in their place though, cuz it looks weird without anything seperating the text from each other...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Here is another idea we have for the back of the shirt. We think we are going to put "LOOK! We Do Exist" (cuz to those of you who dont know, not many people know of Trent University, or even where it is, so this is kind of an inside joke to Trent people, and with that text, should also make sense to others.) I thought the map would be a funny idea, and I think works well...but your professional input will tell me if im off my rocker or not.

FrontBack7.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

The first one is better, but those buttons definitely detract from it. Take tham out and use the white space to separate the text. By adding the buttons to 'separate' the text, you're actually just making it all blend together even more.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The first one is better, but those buttons definitely detract from it. Take tham out and use the white space to separate the text. By adding the buttons to 'separate' the text, you're actually just making it all blend together even more.

Langton877.jpg

Done and done, and I do think it looks better...but I still have an odd feeling that it feels empty around the rim...anything you think I could put in there that wouldnt be too distracting?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Hope this helps.

have to agree with this gentleman

Langton877.jpg

Done and done, and I do think it looks better...but I still have an odd feeling that it feels empty around the rim...anything you think I could put in there that wouldnt be too distracting?

White space is your friend if you use it wisely. Too many people are afraid of white space. If anything, I would make the house a little smaller to give yourself some more white space.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Langton877.jpg

Don't touch it! 100% better this way.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Langton877.jpg

Don't touch it! 100% better this way.

I liked the idea of the buttons. While the white space might look "empty" it will be great on a green shirt. The first design was definitely the way to go. If you want to fill the space, maybe try something simpler or more traditional. Maybe

a grain/wheat design?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Thanks alot for the input guys, its helped alot. I just have one last question for all you Illustrator fluent people: I can't figure out how to make the centres (which are white on here) of the roof decals, the circles with the 4 circles inside them, clear, so when it prints onto the shirt, the centres wont be white, along with the surrounding lines, which are black on here right now. Anyone know how I could do that? Thanks.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

So, you want all the black lines on this to be white when printed on a shirt, and you want all those little inner shapes to be the shirt color, right? If you email me the illustrator file [andrewcharlesharrington@gmail.com] I can help you clean it up to print quality.

So, you want all the black lines on this to be white when printed on a shirt, and you want all those little inner shapes to be the shirt color, right? If you email me the illustrator file [andrewcharlesharrington@gmail.com] I can help you clean it up to print quality.

I sent it along. Thank you so much for offering to help!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

FrontBackFINALNET.jpg

Well, this is the final T-shirt design we're going to get printed. Thanks to Tempest, he fixed the logo and improved its presentation and its one of his alterations that we're using as the final logo. Without him, I dont think the logo would look as good as it does now, so thanks ALOT Tempest, I owe you one. I'll be sure to post the finished shirts once we get them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived