Logo design for men's rec hockey team

deked73

The booster club president for the Wolves plays rec hockey for the Chicago Grim Reapers. They have just a plain logo of a pale hooded man. I saw Binghamton Sens logo and got the idea for this. What do you think and what changes should I make?

grimreaper001Bsmall.jpg:hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

You don't have too far to go IMO. This looks great.

My beef's with the wordmarks as well, but likely for different reasons. I am OK with the font, but the outline could be a little thicker. I don't like the placement, especially of the "CHICAGO".

I don't thik the tombstone is doing you any favors. For one, the Reaper obscures a lot of it. For two, it falsely creates borders and "centers" the logo in the viewer's eye - but there's more logo to the left of it than to the right. The part on the left is an important one as well - a scythe blade with hockey tape (brilliant BTW!). Putting "CHICAGO" over that way only makes it feel more lopsided, favoring the left.

What I would do:

1. Dump the tombstone - it doesn't add anything to the design, and it implies a center point that's not centered.

2. Make the "CHICAGO" bigger and centered behind the Reaper. I'd make the "O" as big as the 1st "C" for purposes of balance, and set it low enough that the top of the Reaper's cape blocks out just a little bit of the bottoms of some of the letters.

3. Make "REAPERS" as big as the "CHICAGO", but keep it in front of the Reaper as it is now. Center it accordingly to match up with "CHICAGO".

4. Make the "Grim" a little bigger, but keep it about where it is, and with the current font. Looks great.

That's about all I can find on this. There really isn't much negative to say about this. Great idea, great colors, great design, technically well-executed. Other than centering it up a little, this is superb.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived