THE LAVAL RED DEVILS

GeorgesL

Ladies and Germs, I give you my latest fantasy baseball concept: The Laval Red Devils, of Laval, QC.

lavaljerseys.jpg

BTW, before you ask on the "D" on the cap, yes, it is the Dayton Dragons' cap logo.

C&C appreciated

Another well-done concept, my man.

A couple of minor things I thought of when looking at this:

1. The cap monogram is a little too busy. You could get away with just using a stylized "L" on the cap. The pitchfork could still be coming out of the top, and you could work the horizontal bar of the "L" into a pointed tail and curve it around a little bit.

2. The cap monogram poses a 2nd problem. The "R" looks like an afterthought, a simple Copperplate letter with no stylized markings that the other 2 letters have to connect them to the devil nickname. Furthermore, when translating the team name from English to French, "Red Devils" becomes "Diables Rouges". In doing so, the word order changes from LRD (English) to LDR (French... or DRL for "Diables Rouges de Laval"). Reading from left to right, the cap monogram appears to favor the French word order; reading top to bottom, it looks like RLD. Either way, the wordmarks on the jerseys are in English; the monogram should probably match up with the wordmark. Of course, changing the monogram to a stylized "L" would avoid this problem entirely...

Otherwise, great work!

EDIT: You nailed it exactly [sEE BELOW], Alsfan... bee-yoo-ti-ful! (bow)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Another well-done concept, my man.

A couple of minor things I thought of when looking at this:

1. The cap monogram is a little too busy. You could get away with just using a stylized "L" on the cap. The pitchfork could still be coming out of the top, and you could work the horizontal bar of the "L" into a pointed tail and curve it around a little bit.

2. The cap monogram poses a 2nd problem. The "R" looks like an afterthought, a simple Copperplate letter with no stylized markings that the other 2 letters have to connect them to the devil nickname. Furthermore, when translating the team name from English to French, "Red Devils" becomes "Diables Rouges". In doing so, the word order changes from LRD (English) to LDR (French... or DRL for "Diables Rouges de Laval"). Reading from left to right, the cap monogram appears to favor the French word order; reading top to bottom, it looks like RLD. Either way, the wordmarks on the jerseys are in English; the monogram should probably match up with the wordmark. Of course, changing the monogram to a stylized "L" would avoid this problem entirely...

Otherwise, great work!

You mean, like this:

reddevils2ndlogo.jpg

Archived