Rogers to possibly merge with Maple Leaf Sports

TBGKon

Anyone know who will be the primary tenant in the stadium being built at the CNE it mentions. I remember hearing the Argos were looking to move out of Rogers Centre last year.

Would it be the MLS (soccer) expansion team for 2007?

Anyone know who will be the primary tenant in the stadium being built at the CNE it mentions. I remember hearing the Argos were looking to move out of Rogers Centre last year.

They signed a new lease that keeps them there for dirt cheap. The new stadium would have cost them alot of money they weren't willing to part with. So for now, they will continue to play out of the Rogers Centre, which is also keeping ticket prices cheap.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Toronto FC... the Argos recently signed an extension with the Rogers Centre.

This whole merger talk is stemming from the opinion of a columnist in the Toronto Star after seeing the owner of Rogers (who owns the Jays and Rogers Centre) and the chariman of MLSE (who owns the Leafs/Raptors/Toronto FC/Air Canada Centre) sitting with each other at a Blue Jays game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived