Playmakers

xyzzyva

Yes, it was SkyDome that they used. Chris confirmed it on the other board...I think.

OK, thanks, that was bugging me. I had my doubts because everything on the show, like the seats, look much newer than they seemed when I was there.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Any word on a Season 2?

Anyone know how the ratings went? I wouldnt mind seeing them continue for a second season. But I haven't heard anything.

On a side note: I was wondering how they could not do an episode about the playoffs, at the end of the last episode when 'Phoenix' was losing; I had a feeling they were coming back. Why else would they end it without playoffs?

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I loved this episode DH got his ass kicked and the Cougars missed the playoff afetr poping the corks, LOL I guess they never heard of Yogi Berra. I loved the looks on everyones faces when Arizona won as Nelson Munz would say HA HA. That was classic.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Second season may never happen.  While there is buzz and ratings are rumored to be good, ESPN is taking a ton of heat.  First off there is the imafamous Cold Pizza tie in.  Thea Andrews who plays Samantha the sports reporter, also is a correspondent for Cold Pizza.  Womens groups including one for women sports reporters are demanding to have Andrews pulled from the series because she is showing poor etiquite on the show be fratenizing with a player.  

Secondly, and maybe most importantly, the NFL is taking an issue on it and are threatening to take away Sunday Night Football and all NFL programs from ESPN.  While the show doesn't use anything that is NFL, the league states that it shows a poor image of its players.  Even some people on talk show says ESPN owes all of their success and expansion in the last 15 years to the NFL.  The league has some leverage on doing this with TNT, FX wanting to get into the Sunday Night action.  The league could also save some money and put it on their new NFL Network.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

If it is a poor image of the players in the NFL, maybe they should see about changing that. To sit there and point fingers at a television show is rediculous. As for the womens groups, do i really need to make a comment. A reporter fratenizing with a player, i'm sure it has happend. Although it is all fiction, a lot of the issues "tackled" by the show are based on things that have happend in all sports. It's not so much a representation of the NFL, but of the sports world in general. DH not showing up for practice is a little bit like A.I. not comming to practice. Maybe the NFL is upset because the show drew parallels between Ray Lewis and what DH went through. Because as we all know, the NFL is NOW a Ray Lewis backer, a few years ago they wouldn't market him. So who really is the bad guy here, the T.V. show or the hypocrite league?

Of coarse thats just my opinion i could be wrong.

i know, a lot of mystery.  i want answsers, man!  

if the league pulls all things NFL from ESPN, putting, for example, Sunday Night Football on NFL network would be a bad idea cus the current audience isn't as broad as it is with ESPN, hence fewer people would be able to watch the game.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived