Uni talk

pagan696

today on my local sports talk (610am WFNZ) there were there seperate shows that each briefly talked on current uni topics.

on Tony Kornheiser (ESPN's Pardon the Interruption and the Washington Post newspaper), he blasted Philly's NFL color change to the darker colors "it's horrible", he'd rather they stick to the lighter green "everybody's so familiar with".

on Dan Patrick (ESPN SportsCenter) he had Jay-Z and they spoke of the "throwback faze" with athletes, actors, and recording stars.  his 40/40 Club has some ties to the local sports and entertainment scene (but i missed some parts of that segment).  they discussed his current uni faves, new Nuggets NBA, new Cavs NBA, and blamed the Mavs silvers on Sean "P.Diddy" Combs and his crew.

then on PrimeTime with the Packman (NC local media mogul Mark Packer) Mark Cuban was a guest and the topic of the silvers came up.  Cuban said he originally presented many other color choices to the NBA, but the silvers were chosen for him (which he didn't very much care for).  Cuban also said they silvers "looked good until the players started sweating in them, then they became Glad 'Crap Bags'".  when Packer asked if they would be played in again, Cuban said no, that they were "put away" and the actual game unis would be sold for auction or charity.  the replicas would still be sold through NBA, games, internet, etc.

then part of the uni discussion turned to Cuban's friendship with ol' P. Did and how they talk $$$ business and such, and how Sean John (spelling correct?) would be designing a new Mavs uni to debut around All-Star break.  Cuban was real excited about that being the first official NBA uni from urban outfitter (you know, it's all about street cred and making money).  so we'll have to see what becomes of all this.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Would this be the first time a team unveils two separate third jerseys/uniforms in the same season?  (Not counting Anaheim's entire temporary uniform overhaul in 1999.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived