Montreal Canadiens Swift "Concept"...

ColeJ

some quick points:

i hate swifts.

i want the sweaters to remain the same.

i don't condone this change.

i only made this concept as a what-if, to see if it was at all possible to keep any semblence of tradition on a restrictive template.

i made the template out of roger's old template, that i still use...

habs-swiftattempt.png

i don't like the names and numbers in the red, but i'm trying to stay true to the template.

so, let me hear it... what i'm seeing with this, is if reebok came out with a habs sweater like these in 2 years, would there be outrage? if the owners approved swift uniforms league wide, would these be a slap in the face of tradition to the majority of us?

it's not really a concept, since i just ripped design elements from the habs sweaters... but i figured i'd still experiment, and figured there's no harm in sharing it.

also, for feedback on it, what would you change? other than saying "swift sucks" or "don't stay true to the swift template"... let's assume the swift is mandatory, and also assume that habs would do everything within their power to remain as unchanged as possible... what would you recommend to help reach BOTH these goals?

Do I want to see the NHL change to the Swift-style template? Not anytime soon. But at least a design that stays true to what a team wore before the switch (and in Montreal's case, for most of their modern history) at least makes it pallatable. I don't know about putting the numbers and name inside the shoulder yoke, it doesn't look very Original Six to me. But overall, you did a good job with translating the traditional design into a modern template. Kudos to you.

QPR%20Sig.png

Well, let me say that I do like your effort. I like that you kept almost all elements that make the Habs jerseys what they are.

I would be much less pissed if Reebok decided to keep the unique patterns that have been seen on the Habs jersey for so long.

-------------------

However... There are a few things I dislike most about those f***ing swift jerseys.

1- There are too many damn fabric panels on that jersey. I remember looking at them during the Junior Championship and they looked like they had been pieced together because they were missing fabric. Panels are of different material, different weight, transparency... Consistency is the key here!

2- If Dallas currently has sublimated jerseys, why can't Reebok do the same on those jerseys?? I mean why try to force stripes everywhere when they clearly don't fit. Why force standard templates when one of the great things in hockey is the distinctive team identity?

3- If every team is going to sport that jersey type, then where the so called advantage that one team is going to have over another? It's the same jersey!!

Reebok Hockey just built their HQs in Montreal... Shouldn't they know what fans really want?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I think that the cookie cutter jersey are gonna suck - I think it is the most pointless thing ever. And hockey says it's "For the fans" yet they don't listen when we say that the Reebok jerseys are going to suck. I think it's the most retarded thing the NHL could ever do... I hope they dont.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Archived