Norfolk Megatooths

BrianVlietDesign

My WHA fantasy franchise. We were the Renegades, now we're the Megatooths. I took the old Tallahassee Tiger Sharks and made it my own. I recolored it, got rid of the shadows. Made the teeth smaller and sharper, and sharpened the image in general. So, here are the Norfolk Megatooths:

Primary logo:

1569swo.png

Alternate logo:

1569tmr.png

Wordmark:

1569ycz.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I like the uni style--the stripes & such--although I'm not a big fan of mesh in general.

So uni though--overall--looks good.

The logos?

It looks like the shark is being massacred or mutilated.

The main logo looks like he has injured and is now beached.

The alt logo looks like the fin is being shot up--or maybe it's just me...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like the uni style--the stripes & such--although I'm not a big fan of mesh in general.

So uni though--overall--looks good.

The logos?

It looks like the shark is being massacred or mutilated.

The main logo looks like he has injured and is now beached.

The alt logo looks like the fin is being shot up--or maybe it's just me...

I'm glad you like the uniforms. The Alternate logo I love, the primary I also like. But, I might possibly make another primary later on. But, I like it for now.

Shouldn't it be megateeth? ^_^

IMO the mesh really takes away from the jerseys. They are pretty good, but there is a lot going on. You might want to consider getting rid of the grey lines from the template that you didn't use.

I agree with stampman about the primary logo. It doesn't look ferocious, it looks dead, or dying at least.

I like the alt logo, now that I understand that those red lines are the waterline.

how about megalodon's instead of megatooth's

both logo's need work - the 2nd is way too angular and the abstract lines have got to go for my taste...it doesn't flow well with the primary and the primary needs a lot of improvement - you could start with adding the second pectoral fin and work from there

i'm also not digging the color scheme...you could do something really cool with a steel blue, graphite gray, black and white color scheme

jldesigns404eo.png

You might want to consider getting rid of the grey lines from the template that you didn't use.

That should almost be a rule for posting concepts--I mean even I take them off...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

how about megalodon's instead of megatooth's

both logo's need work - the 2nd is way too angular and the abstract lines have got to go for my taste...it doesn't flow well with the primary and the primary needs a lot of improvement - you could start with adding the second pectoral fin and work from there

i'm also not digging the color scheme...you could do something really cool with a steel blue, graphite gray, black and white color scheme

I was thinking about Megalodon's, but it just didn't seem very good.

I don't know. I mean, the logo's different, that's for sure. But if they're the Megatooths, then don't you think that shark's chompers would be a tad bit larger?

The alt is abstract, and personally, I don't get it. I understand the fin, but there has to be some obvious way that you can work either an "N" or an "M" in the way. It is interesting, however.

The wordmark, I think, needs the work the most. I guess it works fine for its purpose, but it translates poorly to the jerseys. The names are hard to read and a bit sloppy, so any standard font should work just fine there and not take away from the overall look of the jersey.

I'd a decent start, and if you'd like to take these suggestions, it could work a little bit more.

Archived