Lakeland Tigers to change logo

TBGKon

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../607050352/1004

Above is a link to the story from the Lakeland Ledger stading what the Tigers plan to do.

In my mind, this is a good move. I am one for the movement of minor league affiliates to have their own identity seperate from their parent club. If this move is to go through, it will make it 5 teams with original identities (Brevard County Manatees, Clearwater Threshers, Ft Myers Miracle, Jupiter Hammerheads and whatever Lakeland does), and 7 with parent affiliate names (Daytona Cubs, St Lucie Mets, Vero Beach Dodgers, Sarasota Reds, Palm Beach Cardinals, Dunedin Blue Jays, Tampa Yankees)

What do you all think?

What do you all think?

Honestly, I think they saw your contest and were inspired to change their name because it was such a great idea.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What do you all think?

Honestly, I think they saw your contest and were inspired to change their name because it was such a great idea.

lol, though I feel this is nothing to do with my contest, what a coincidence it is.

On a side note, don't be surprised if the Sarasota Reds decide to switch to an original identity in the next few years, they are building a new ballpark and they will change identities to reflect a change to a new ballpark, thats what Clearwater did, and if I remember correctly, Lakeland recently renovated their ballpark and it is now on par with some of the brand new ones.

Archived