Is this a place to request banner cc?

sds

If not, I apologize... the forum says logos and uniforms, but I am trying to get a graphical identity to my fan site, so I hope that I'm in the right place...

tsrheader5.jpg

This is a banner I have been developing for my Sabres message board forum. I wanted to stick with a "fan appreciation" theme, since this is the place to discuss the team. The guy on the right is a poster who made the big screen many times with his "cup". The Buffalo skyline is the background and the catch phrase is a play on "The Hardest Working Team in Hockey" slogan we had in the late '90's.

I'm looking for honest opinions in hopes I can develop a top-notch visual experience for my readership.

there is a set requests section linked below:

Requests section

I think he is requesting c and c (not asking a question to CC) so he's in the right place.

As for the banner, I'd maybe make the skyline a little more visible, and pick a more unique font for the title. The "hardest..." part looks good as is.

Also maybe a slight "glow" effect around the people so they pop a little more? Other than that, I wouldn't go nuts with fancy backgrounds or anything like that, because it is clean and not distracting, which IMO is good.

If you have other people pictures, you may want to look into a system that would select a random banner each time someone visits your site. The banners would be identical except for the people images.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

my bad, I was a bit confused just after waking up.

All in alll I really like you banner, one thing (and this is if you have the skills to), but recoloring the fans jerseys on the banner to match the Sabres new colors. Just a thought.

here is the banner in use:

http://www.sabresreport.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1

Eventually, I would like the fans to be in the new colors. I have a few females lined up to replace the fans on the left. The guy on the right is a bit special because he was a tour de fanforce in the playoffs this year, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to make him dress in the B&G just yet. That "cup" is sort of attached to the community now.

Since I have a liquid design, I was thinking the skyline needed to be shifted the center to allow the entire graphic to remain centered (and blended in with the navy background, like I currently have on the right side).

As for fonts... my selection is limited on my computer. I'm open to suggestions.

I requested a wordmark in the other forum, but no one has come forward yet. In fact, I'm having trouble getting designers to respond to me at all, I am willing to pay for service, on a variety of fronts.

Archived