Computer problems

Snowcap30

hey every1..i usually dont ask for help on anything but i think this is important. i just got a new computer a month ago and theres some problems already. i was wondering if any of u can help me out...

its a dell with windows xp professional...

a week ago when i wanted to download the new g-unit album all these "ACCESS THE INTERNET" notifications kept popping up. at first i clicked acess but then i realized i mess up my computer so i stopped clicking acess any more. after wards its been crazy. pop-up ads keep coming up every time i go into internet explorer. i just added a pop-up blocker but that is a pain. a new bar even showed up on the adress bar in IE. and my computer once in a while like stops. lets say im writting sumthin and all of a sudden it like clicks outside the program. ive gone back and deleted all the things i accessed on that day and then some and it still hasnt done anything. i even tried that SYSTEM RESTORE thing 6 times but it said incomplete.  any help??

i know it long but i hope i didnt fuk my new computer over

untitled-1.png

Snocap, you got to get a virus scan going.  Sounds like there are tracking cookies with the pop up ads.  I had the same thing happen to me.  It slows the computer and the connection.  Get some anti-virus software and a pop-up blocker.  At the same time get a program called Ad-aware.  This program detects bugs including tracking cookies which send info back to the pop-up creator at where you are going on the net.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

update your anti-virus and scan for viruses.  most likely you already have a registry bug, for that look for the Ad-Aware and/or SpyBot Search and Destroy.  also update these and re-run to find newer problems.  these "spyware busters" find the problems and let you eliminate them, since these bugs usually get by antivirus software.  a pop-up stopper will help also since more and more they will lead you to a re-direct thay can auto-install these types of problems.  you may also run into problems when downloading from unknown sources (not to sound like your Mother, but you do know the risks).  one last trick, turn on the file extensions so your files appear as "filename.eps" rather than just "filename".  do this through your explorer window under view/folder options/view and un mark to hide known extensions.  if your downlaoding tunes, and you get an *.exe file, you know not to open it.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived