Darren Woodson 5k Run & KidFest

fiasco!

as requested here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=37685

i have been working with chris on a poster for this event, to benefit the single parent foundation (www.singleparentfoundation.org). i saw this as a good opportunity to get our firm's name out there and help a great cause too (some of you may know, i'm a sucker for a good cause).

here's the final poster, going to press tomorrow, i believe:

SPF_Proof3.jpg

Joel, you knocked this one out of the park. Way to put the "pro" in pro bono work. Too bad you had to do this for a dirty, stinking Cowboy. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Joel,

I can not thank you enough for your excellent work on the promotional poster for our event.

our foundation is so different from most out there in that we provide assistance for the hard working single parents that find themselves in an emergency situation and need a temporary or one time aid and not an ongoing governmental handout. Unfortunatly these are the people that fall thru the cracks and are told "sorry you make too much money, cut back your hours and we can help" or "if you have another kid then you will qualify for assistance"

we are in the process of building our network of providers that donate services or in kind donations that we can pass along to single parents in need like auto repair, new tires, day care, clothing, food, etc.

these are the things we want to provide not a cash handout that can be abused like in the case of the Katrina aid.

Again Joel, thank you very much as this will help our attendance at the event and also the awareness of the cause and www.woodsonrun.com where they can not only register for the 5k but also make an online donation to a very worthy cause.

Thanks A Million,

Chris Vandeventer

The Single Parent Foundation

Archived