Japan 2006 basketball mascot

DG_ThenNowForever

Press release:

051213_fiba_o.jpg

GENEVA/TOKYO (FIBA World Championship 2006) - "BAD Badtz-Maru", a famous character in Japan and the Far East, was launched today as the official mascot for the FIBA World Championship 2006 in Japan.

Sanrio Far East Company, Ltd., one of the biggest merchandising companies in Japan, has entered into an agreement with FIBA to use BAD Badtz-Maru, a black penguin, together with his friends and family as the official mascot and merchandising line of the event.

"We are delighted to have such an experienced and well known partner for our most prestigious event," said FIBA Secretary General Patrick Baumann during the launch.

"It is our aim to use the mascot to further promote the event in Japan, especially with the younger generation."

Sanrio Far East Company, Ltd. Managing Director Andy Y. Toyama stated: "BAD Badtz-Maru has a wicked personality, which is very unique for this kind of character, but he is widely loved throughout consumer markets not only in Japan but also in Asia, the United States and Europe."

"In response to the mission to bring basketball closer to women, children and the rest of the population, we will expand various commercial products in view of the championship."

I'm not sure who should be offended. Crows that like smoking pot?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh my. I had no idea. I go to this story through truehoop.com

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived