Possible Arkansas St. helmet change.

sacker12

I was browsing through the forum on the "Helmet Project", and they said that Arkansas State may change the logo on their helmet for this upcoming season. Apparently, they are still one of the teams that are still part of the NCAA's witchhunt of teams with Native American references in their names. They may be going to an older logo, which has the word "STATE" on a black helmet with the A larger than the other letters. Here is a link to the topic on the "Helmet Project" forum. It also has the URL to the potential design, but you have to cut and paste to see the image.

http://www.voy.com/53670/8549.html

Yeah, it was unofficially decided earlier in the summer that they would put the block stAte logo on the field & helmets until the whole mascot issue was resolved. The stAte logo was already being used alot on campus and widely marketed in Jonesboro, so it kinda just fit.

was:arksthelmet170.jpg

now:Astatehelmet.jpg

field:Stadium6001.jpg

Anyway's, just thought I would shed a little more light on the subject. Also for what it's worth I havn't liked any ASU logo since stAte & Runnin Joe used back in they day.

Is that turf I see at Indian Stadium? If so, they needed it. By the end of the season, especially after a bad rainstorm, that field was a moshpit. If not, then I wouldn't know how a new grass field looks like there because I've never one there.

UPDATE: I just saw on their website about them installing turf there. I was they had it there both times I went there. Both times, I was on a cold and soggy field.

Yes that is the turf, and it was very expensive. I agree, it was badly needed. The last home game of the season should have been coined "The Mud Bowl". Like you said last year it was Troy, and the year before it was North Texas. It was horrible. I believe MTSU has turf and the last few times we have played there, ASU was stomped on both sides of the ball. Just hope it's not a sign of things to come. :therock:

I was browsing through the forum on the "Helmet Project", and they said that Arkansas State may change the logo on their helmet for this upcoming season. Apparently, they are still one of the teams that are still part of the NCAA's witchhunt of teams with Native American references in their names. They may be going to an older logo, which has the word "STATE" on a black helmet with the A larger than the other letters. Here is a link to the topic on the "Helmet Project" forum. It also has the URL to the potential design, but you have to cut and paste to see the image.

http://www.voy.com/53670/8549.html

BIG ASS SIGNATURE ALERT!!!!

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Archived