Another NEC introduces a new logo

Seadragon76

Yet another school makes a logo change. This time, it's the Mount St. Mary's Mountaineers of the Northeast Conference.

New MSM Logo.

You can find the logo there and the story behind it. Personally, I think it's a nice upgrade from what they used to have.

It's an upgrade in the simple fact that MSMC has now entered 21st Century, but it just doesn't look like a sports logo to me. I hate that they're using "The Mount" instead of Mount St. Mary's. I've always loved that name, it has a uniqueness that "The Mount" completely neglects.

I'm left wanting a bit more for MSM, but it is nice.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's an upgrade in the simple fact that MSMC has now entered 21st Century, but it just doesn't look like a sports logo to me. I hate that they're using "The Mount" instead of Mount St. Mary's. I've always loved that name, it has a uniqueness that "The Mount" completely neglects.

I'm left wanting a bit more for MSM, but it is nice.

That's exactly the same thing that I was thinking. It seems a bit tacky to me for them to use that nickname, especially in their athletic marks, but I guess that when you consider that people mostly know them as that and that's what will get them recognized, more power to them.

Plus, the addition of the gold is welcome, I think.

Archived