Touching Up a Photo

Chief.

I was taking pictures for my graphic imaging class and decided to mess around with this one of my golden retriever, Kryssie. The timing was right so I got here with here ears up, which I thought was pretty cool.

Anyway, the backyard is her domain, so she tears it up pretty good. To make the picture more appealing, I used photoshop to make a nice, green lawn. My biggest problem with it is it looks like I may have messed up the tail a little.

How does it look?

Kryssieoriginal.jpg

Kryssiegrass.jpg

It looks pretty good...I have a few suggestions:

- Try to find a pic of grass that's close-up, well, closer than what it is. In the original pic, you can see each blade of grass relatively easily. On the re-do, you can hardly tell.

- I'm terrible at photoshop, so I can't tell exacvtly how you did this, but it seems like you might want to feather the dog a bit(or moreso if you did). You can just see the otuline around the dog in the pic right now.

- The green grass seems to be a bit too vibrant for the dog. It seems like the original pic was taken on possibly a cloudy day, but the grass in the 2nd is very bright. You might want to try to tone it down a bit.

Otherwise, this looks pretty good.

its ok but yopu should use different patches of grass cause the use of the clone stamp tool is a little to uniform for me. the grass just doesnt look like it belongs there what i suggest is taking a new picture of a nice green patch of grass and try inserting that instead and of course do some burn tool to the tail so it look like the tail isnt ujust sitting on top of the grass.

rockies-1.png

CRfan.png

Archived