Vintage white Sabres uniform

Sabrejeff

I thought the Sabres had only received permission from the League to wear their Old Blue jerseys as their alternates and that the White was not part of this years package.

It especially seems odd because teams wear their whites on the road now, so it would make more sense if they were wearing the royal blue alternates for that game and Vancouver wore their original white ones.....

I thought the Sabres had only received permission from the League to wear their Old Blue jerseys as their alternates and that the White was not part of this years package.

It especially seems odd because teams wear their whites on the road now, so it would make more sense if they were wearing the royal blue alternates for that game and Vancouver wore their original white ones.....

I'm sure they ran it through the Canucks first and they gave it the ok. Teams have worn white at home recently if the road team okays it. If niether team has a problem with it then the NHL probably doesn't care who wears which jersey.

You've obviously haven't seen a NHL Vintage Program game the last couple of seasons. All of those games the home team wore white.

EDIT: Montreal wore their white Vintage Program jersey at home against the Buffalo this past season. December 1, 2005.

Archived