Isolating part of a Jpeg

FloPoErich

I posted a plea for help in the requests forum and was met with a few beautiful wordmarks, however all 4 are in the same jpeg, is there anyway to isolate so that there is no white background or no background whatsoever? I need them seperated with no background so that i can put each one on different slides for a powerpoint proposal... Thanks in advance...-ErichHANGOUTcopy.jpg

StempSig.png

LeeStempniak.jpg

BluesJerseySig-1.gif

bloglogo.gif

oh ok... well the ones that were just posted were GIFs, however they still had a white background.. how do i get rid of the background?

What graphics software do you have? 'Cause most will have a "magic wand" feature, that will let you select a continguous area of one color (in your example, white). Then just delete that area.

All that i have is MS Paint and i am having a hell of a time getting the graphic to do anything!! I tried even putting it on like a blank billboard with the white background, but then the image got all choppy and crappy looking!

I'm not sure if it's possible with MS Paint.

You might want to look into The GIMP, which is free and a lot more full-featured.

Is there anyway to do it without the white? That would be such a big help! Now another question... how do you do it? :therock:

Not on a JPEG... only GIF

Or a .PNG file... B)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

In my opinion, .png files are the way to go. They are usually smaller than the .jpgs and .gifs. As eriqjaffe mentioned, the GIMP is a good image editor. I use Inkscape, which is also a free program. You should be able to make the backgrounds disappear in either of those programs.

If you're set on doing it Paint, I'm not sure if I can help you. I have seen somewhere that if you set your background to the 'magic pink' (their term, not mine), it will have a clear background. But I'm not exactly sure how that works. 'Magic pink' is in RGB is "255,0,255." Good luck.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

The only one you could remove the BG on completely in Paint would be the bottom one (since it is a rectangle, you can simply move it to the top left corner of the canvas and resize the bottom-right corner to fit).

For the others, might I suggest you go download Paint.Net.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived