Golden State Naming Rights

Shroinke

I don't know if this has already been posted or commented on, but the Golden State Warriors have reached an agreement with Oracle Corporation for a 10-year naming rights deal. The result will be the renaming of The Arena in Oakland to "The Oracle".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2633564

Maybe they can use the arena to ask God how the hell to get the Warriors back to the playoffs.

It's kinda wierd that the new name is the same as the school newspaper from my old high school in Oakland, Skyline High (...Gary Payton and Tom Hanks both alumnus...) It'll always be the Oakland Colliseum Arena to me.

...now, if we can just do something about the term "Golden State"...

At least the Greek warrior motif is being put to use for something. Too bad Adelphia went belly up, or they could have done a dual sponsorship deal and called it the Oracle at A-delphi-a. Wow, bad ancient Greek history joke...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

It's kinda wierd that the new name is the same as the school newspaper from my old high school in Oakland, Skyline High (...Gary Payton and Tom Hanks both alumnus...) It'll always be the Oakland Colliseum Arena to me.

...now, if we can just do something about the term "Golden State"...

I like "Golden State". Who the hell wants to be referred to as Oakland anything? :D

At the risk of sounding like a SF snob, Oakland's a dump.

Looks like we know where they will be holding the Oracle Conclave hosted by James Filau over the next few years.

will.ferrell.snl.051405.jpg

:D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived