Utep miners orange alts

tbro

I know we are not the top of anyone's radar when it comes to anything football related, but I work at UTEP and we debuted orange alternates (Miami look-a-likes with navy trim) last month. This is the first good photo I've seen, so that's why I hadn't posted it until now. I am good friends w/ our equipment manager who helped develop them, and I particularly like how the side stripe lines up with the scallop running down the pants. Whadda ya think? Although I don't like "biting" anyone else's style, I must say they looked pretty good. One last thing...we promise no orange helmets/orange jerseys/orange pants...EVER!

tdarilek1.jpg

tbro

These are sharp. They are Miami look-alikes, but when you look at them, they don't say, "Hey, we ripped Miami's style... If only we could play like them." (Sorry, no hatin', just couldn't resist). I'd like to see the actual Miner-swinging-axe logo on the helmets. That'd look nice. As for the "biting" someone's style, there are only so many good-looking uni styles out there anyway. If UTEP was orange & green, I wouldn't do this look. Since it's blue, It looks a lot different & better. I give these an A-.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

actually, UTEP did appear in all orange once ... last game of the year in 1988 when they beat Air Force and were invited to the Independence Bowl (where they then lost to Brett Favre and Southern Miss).

I remember watching that game (the Indep. Bowl, that is) due to the fact that UTEP's head coach Bob Stull, had accepted the head coach's job at Mizzou just a week before.  

He had as much success with the Tigers as he did in the Independence Bowl - none.

I really like the "regular" UTEP uniforms much better.  I don't like the Miami format at all.  UTEP has always had great uniforms, especially helmets (hint hint, Tbro, maybe your equipt. manager friend could "lose" a helmet and "accidentally mail it to me.")  Now, that would be unfortunate.  

:D

nice, but why have the shoulder 'funnel' if there isnt any orange on the side panel??

didnt he notice thats what the shoulder thing is doing.

which reminds me on how much i hate when miama wore the white unis with the green pants, and the stripes didnt match up.

Archived