Question about 90's NBA uniforms

spillpronecanvas

Gday, i was hoping some1 here could answer 2 questions for me

1) In Australia during the early to mid 90's, there was a huge explosion in nba merch. But down here, all we had were starter replica jerseys and shorts. They were easily found in marketplaces, which are prone to selling fake clothes. Did starter ever produce officially licensed jerseys? The ones we had were very thin mesh, and teams like phoenix and orlando that had prints (the sun, and the pinstripes), started to wear off and fade in the wash.

2) Regarding the nba throwback magic jerseys (im not sure if the suns 90s jersey has been reissued or not) on the official nba website, will the stripes fade on them too. If theyre trying to justify paying hundreds of dollars on a singlet, it shldnt fade.

thnx in advance

1. Yep, Starter did produce officially licensed stuff, but it's a possibility that the ones in the "marketplaces" were fake. The jerseys you're describing sound a lot like the Champion replica jerseys we had here.

2. No, they shouldn't fade as they're actually dyed into the fabric of the jersey rather than printed on. If it's a Swingman, I've had some problems with the name/number patches fading, but careful washing should take care of that.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

1. Yep, Starter did produce officially licensed stuff, but it's a possibility that the ones in the "marketplaces" were fake. The jerseys you're describing sound a lot like the Champion replica jerseys we had here.

2. No, they shouldn't fade as they're actually dyed into the fabric of the jersey rather than printed on. If it's a Swingman, I've had some problems with the name/number patches fading, but careful washing should take care of that.

You make NLT proud!

If I remember right the Champion replica Magic jerseys didnt even include pinstripes. I actually had a Penny Hardaway jersey from back then, and it didnt have the stripes.

If Starter had jerseys with pinstripes on them back then, they may have just printed them on.

Even through the darkest days....this fire burns...always

EAGLEZZZZ.png

Archived