National pro fastpitch unveils team identities.

Brian in Boston

Yes... I realize that this is a women's professional softball league.

National Pro Fastpitch has revealed the identities for seven of the eight franchises that are set to take the field this upcoming season. Six of the teams have also unveiled their logos.

Akron Racers

Arizona Heat

Colorado Altitude (logo TBD)

New England Riptide

New York/New Jersey Juggernaut

Sacramento Sunbirds

San Antonio Armadillos

The Houston, Texas-based franchise has not made an announcement regarding an identity package. In addition, a pair of "Expansion/Inactive" franchises have been announced for Cincinnati and Oklahoma City.

Logos can be viewed at:

http://www.profastpitch.com/teams

Brian in Boston

Apparently so. I know that it is the only market that played in the Women's Professional Fastpitch softball league... of which NPF is the latest incarnation. I also know that it was the first market to sign-on for this latest launch.

I'm with you on the quality of the league's logos. I particularly like the San Antonio Armadillos' logo. Something about it just "clicks" with me.

It's a pretty diverse group of design styles as well. From the very modern Arizona Heat to the minor league-inspired San Antonio Armadillos to the positively retro New York-New Jersey Juggernauts... and everywhere in-between. I like that they're not all "cookie-cutter" clones of one another.

Brian in Boston

I think that was the WPF. All the teams hailed from the Midwest or deep South, I think.

Funny thing about the Riptide....this brings 4 professional sports teams to Lowell:

Lowell LockMonsters, AHL

Lowell Spinners, NY-Penn League

Boston Cannons, NLL

New England Riptide, NPF

I won't even get into the amateur and semi-pro leagues, but Lowell does have a team in a college wood-bat league similar (but not as good as) the Cape Cod Baseball League.

The Riptide will be playing at a small softball field (it may seat 1000 tops but I think only 500) right behind the field where the Cannons play. Both those fields are on the other side of town from the homes of the LockMonsters and Spinners.

For a city of 110,000, Lowell has become a surprising Pro Team hotbed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived