Bills Logo Concept

Nick in England

Insipred by the Sketch-a-Thon2, but not skilled enough to be able to complete the whole brief (wordmark, secondary logo, uniform, etc) I came up with a concept to update the Buffalo Bills logo.

I am a Bills fan based in the UK, and like to keep up with Buffalo affairs, and recently came across the Buffalo Flag on the superb Buffalo Rising blog. Incorporating the theme from the Buffalo City flag, but maintaining many of the Bills existing colour schemes and familiar logo i came up with the following.

C&C always welcome... If anyone likes this or is insipred to adapt/improve on the idea I can send over the AI file...

bills-concept-logo.gif

bills-concept-logo-helmet.gif

My own thoughts are that I'd like to update the charging buffalo, but I am not really sure how - probably along the lines of the Slug combined with the Sabre face of recent history.

I also toyed with going back to a red Buffalo to maintain the bolt colours in blue all the way around.

Also - the silver incorporated into the logo is an homage to the attempt they made with their current unis to reflect the uniforms of old. Hence the silver is incorporating the 1960 helmet colour.

Uni-wise I would probably keep the current 'throwback' look with the logo on the shoulder sleeves. An away uniform in white (with royal pants) would have a bolt around the sleeves and a silver star in the middle. Think the GSH/Stripe cobo on the current bears for an idea of placement....

What dy'all think?

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

Archived