Tank Stumper 1/27/07 Super Bowl edition

NJTank

I. Why was Colts Super Bowl V kicker Jim O'Brien wearing #80 a clear uniform violation for Kickers?

II. What two Super Bowl Winning Coaches also played in the Super Bowl?

III. Who is the only singer that was invited to sing the National Anthem at two different Super Bowls?

IV. Who is the only Special Teamer to Win Super Bowl MVP?

V. Who is the last team to miss the playoffs the year after winning the Super Bowl?

Standings So Far

Mrchippert3 8

Icecap 79 2

rainmaker17 2

Whitedawg 2

Alphabet Man 1

Cyclopsis Joe 1

mkwing 1

ninersdd 1

sscrunner06 1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

II. Tom Flores was backup QB for the Chiefs in SB IV, and Mike Ditka was TE for the Cowboys in SB V.

Interestingly, two other players have also coached, both with the Bengals: Forrest Gregg (Packers) and Sam Wyche (Redskins).

In point of fact, several singers, choral groups and bands have been invited to perform the National Anthem at more than one Super Bowl.

* The Grambling University Marching Band played the National Anthem at both Super Bowl II and Super Bowl IX.

* The United States Air Force Academy Chorale sang the National Anthem alone at Super Bowl VI and again - along with the choral groups from the other service academies - at Super Bowl XXXIX.

* Billy Joel performed the National Anthem at Super Bowl XXIII and will do so again next Sunday at Super Bowl XLI.

* Aaron Neville sang the National Anthem solo at Super Bowl XXIV and as part of a duet with Aretha Franklin at Super Bowl XL.

I. Because he also played wide receiver.

II. Tom Flores was backup QB for the Chiefs in SB IV, and Mike Ditka was TE for the Cowboys in SB V & VI.

III. Bands and Choral groups do not count since likely the same singer is not there, I didn't catch Aaron Neville did it before last year and the answer I was looking for was Bill Joel

IV. Desmond Howard

V. 2006 Steelers

Standings So Far

Mrchippert3 8

rainmaker17 4

Icecap 79 2

mkwing 2

Whitedawg 2

Alphabet Man 1

Brian in Boston 1

Cyclopsis Joe 1

ninersdd 1

sscrunner06 1

skyaa1 1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I. Because he also played wide receiver.

P.S. Had the number guidelines even been established then?

No, numbering guidelines were not established until the 1973 season.

II. Tom Flores was backup QB for the Chiefs in SB IV, and Mike Ditka was TE for the Cowboys in SB V.

Interestingly, two other players have also coached, both with the Bengals: Forrest Gregg (Packers) and Sam Wyche (Redskins).

Also Tony Dungy who played in Super Bowl XIII for the Steelers and is coaching this year. If the Colts win you can add him to the list as people who won the Super Bowl as a player and head coach.

Archived