Bored. Just having some fun.

Eye

I was bored the other day, so I made this concept of the greatest rap duo ever (in my opinion) Gang Starr. MC Guru aka Keith Elam started Gang Starr in 1987. The previous members of the group left and only Elam wanted to continue under the Gang Starr moniker. He met Christopher Martin aka DJ Premier in 1989 and that same year, DJ Primo joined Gang Starr. I basically used black and white only. The striping pattern is supposed to convey that hardcore image that Gang Starr has (being in the hardcore rap genre.) The font is called Kirsty and it is a somewhat gladiator-esq, royal, regal font. In songs such as "Step In The Arena" and "Riot Akt" amongst others Gang Starr shows these tendencies that I tried to incorporate into the font. The socks are just one color because black and white are the only prevalent colors here. Same with the helmets and as for the pants, they have the same striping pattern in terms of colors as the jerseys.

C & C as always. Thanks.

-E.A.R.

GangStarrIceHockey.png

When I went to make the away jersey, I couldn't just invert the home logo. This was because I haven't installed photoshop on my computer (yeah, I've been lazy) and I made this in paint, so I found another logo and resized it. I know the chain in the logo on the away is red, and the chain on the home logo is in white, but I didn't make any red stripes because people would think of the Bloods. Gang Starr is in no way affiliated with the Bloods (or any gang for that matter) but it would sure look like it if I put red on the uniforms. I'll wait for some more C & C, then I'll throw that logic out the window and see if I can incorporate some red into the uniforms in some way.

-E.A.R.

Speaking of Guru. Check out Jazzmatazz Vol. II---bu tonly if you like your hip hop super funky with a good dose of jazz.

Oh yeah man. I love Guru. Ever hear "Jazz Thing" by Gang Starr? That's a really funky beat in itself.

-E.A.R.

Archived