Fantasy team

kewp80

Good shade of green. It can be a tough color, actually, and you've nailed the exact right shade for this concept.

If your team name is the Keystone Irish, and your logo consists of a shamrock inside a green keystone, why do you have any words at all? Your bottom concept is the stronger of the two, by far, and would be stronger still if you moved whatever type you feel you need outside of the keystone. The keystone with the shamrock speaks very clearly; anything else is just redundant clutter.

But about that keystone. Keep in mind that I haven't lived in Penny since Dick Thornburgh's first term as governor, but to my eye when that shape has a flat top, it's a keystone for Pennsylvania. When it has a curved top, it's a Heinz ketchup label.

Turnpike_Keystone_Off.gif

Heinz%20Tomato%20Ketchup%20Bottle%20342g.jpg

So I'd give your keystone a flat top, and increase the contrast between the straight lines of the keystone and the curves of the shamrock.

20082614447.png

Mainly a bump because you deserve some feedback from others.

I like your revision, though I think it wouldn't hurt to consider adding "Keystone Irish" text somewhere outside of the keystone for your formal logo.

The shamrock itself could stand to be a bit more realistically rendered, at least in terms of the leaf shapes.

The gold? Hmm. I like it in general, but at the moment it's a bit unbalancing how you're using it. Draws the eye too much away from the shamrock. Not sure the best way to incorporate it. Brainstorming here, but you might try using the gold to provide some interior definition to the shamrock, as seen in this logo:

l2314-11012005-46935.jpg

But regardless, the main thing is that you need to hear from some other perspectives on this.

20082614447.png

I hate to be the "ya, I agree" guy here, but I think Ballwonk hit the nail on the head.

The shamrock really needs some work. It renders as a shamrock, but it's simply not visually interesting at the moment. As Ballwonk said, it's a bit plain without the writing. I'd try to work it in there somehow, which might also allow you to tie the gold in a bit better if you were tomake the text gold or outlined. I like the gold outline, but it just doesn't work with anything at the moment. It might work to sandwich the gold outline between the green of the keystone and another green outline, sort of like the white in the Brewing Co. logo Ballwonk posted.

Archived