MLB 07 The Show

Been playing it now for a few days... love it... the road to the show mode is amazing, being able to control everything your player does and ONLY what your player does... from hitting, to baserunning, to fielding, to training, to contract negotiations, to demanding a trade, etc... i always wanted a baseball (or hockey) video game where you play as you and only you, and now i have one.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

One more thing I forgot to mention though--the unlockables are still exactly the same as two years ago. Same throwbacks, and not even the good ones in a lot of cases. No 80's-early 90's roadies for Detroit, no stripes for Houston, and the list goes on. Did they take up too much space with the waste of time warmup unis, or what? On the plus side, what CC said was dead on. The premise of the Road to the Show mode is incredible. Having to work your way out of the minors is an awesome twist of realism, except when the game doesn't respond realistically to your performance. I've had superhuman springs and still got stuck in the low minors, and the callups/demotions seem rather random. The demotions are particularly maddening when you're smacking the cover off the ball in the majors and still get sent down. Anyway, this is an unbelievable game in theory, just needs some tightening up in my opinion.

and that's ignoring the fact that you can't download one thing and even surf menus on PS3. That's right, if you're downloading a game or movie that's a gig or so, just turn the TV off or over to something else for about an hour or so; at least with the 360 you can still have everything but online play (and some games also take over the XBL bandwidth from the word go, PGR3 notably) and do *something* other than stare at a download status.

yes this is a problem at the moment, but only a temporary problem. this months update will take care of the lack of "background downloading" i think they were holding off on this until the UK release of the PS3

if you're playing 2K7 and your buddy is playing Resistance you still can't see that anyways.

this is not true. i signed on to my system the other day and it showed taht one of the people that i have on my systems buddy list was playing Resistance.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Having to work your way out of the minors is an awesome twist of realism, except when the game doesn't respond realistically to your performance. I've had superhuman springs and still got stuck in the low minors, and the callups/demotions seem rather random. The demotions are particularly maddening when you're smacking the cover off the ball in the majors and still get sent down. Anyway, this is an unbelievable game in theory, just needs some tightening up in my opinion.

That's not that far off from how real baseball works -- remember in spring training for this game you're like a non-roster invite with absolutely no pro experience... you don't see many of those crack the major league starting roster the first time (if you ain't starting, you're going to be in the minors so you can start)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived