Throwin' Stones with PB Wolf, Madlib, Oh No, & Quasimoto.

Eye

Here is part 3 of the Hip Hop Hockey League - Stones Throw Records. But first, here are the teams already completed in this series.

N.W.A

P$C

Stones Throw Records was founded in 1996 by Peanut Butter Wolf in San Jose California. Obviously, Stones Throw's threads are inspired by the San Jose Sharks unis. Down the pants you can see it says STONES on the right side, and THROW on the left side between a striping pattern of silver/teal/silver. Reminds me of the Dallas Stars in their early days in Big D. The striping pattern on the bottom of each jersey is the same as on the socks, to maintain consistency. Silver was omitted everywhere on the aways, except for the bottom sleeve striping and black and green pretty much switch places on the home and alternate.

Weekend away alternate: "The Unseen" Quasimoto came out with his debut album, "The Unseen" in 2000 (which also explains him having the number 00. There is no Biron rule in the Hip Hop Hockey League :D .) Quasimoto represents "The Unseen", you cannot see him, but you can hear him. He is Madlib's alter ego. To represent "The Unseen", for these uniforms Stones Throw Records will wear all white. The only non white portion of the uniform is the outline of the name and numbers which are black. On a white playing surface, and draped in white clothing from head to toe, these players will look "Unseen".

Yes, I know I put the actual names of the rappers on these uniforms. There is no reason, I did Stones Throw early in this concept series, and I just put the names of the rappers on them for some reason. I guess if I were to come up for a reason (there is none) it would be that Stones Throw Records has such a unique approach to music, not that other record labels don't, but Stones Throw are basically gods in the underground hip hop scene.

The numbers: Stones Throw Records was founded in 1996 by Peanut Butter Wolf (as stated above.) 1992 was when Madlib (aka The Beat Konducta) recorded his first song. 2004 was when Oh No came out with his debut album, "The Disrupt" which is an album I listened to the :censored: out of way back when and still do. 2000 is the year in which Quas came out with his debut album, "The Unseen" (again, as stated above.) Also, the number 00 seemed to fit Quasimoto really well, IMO, because he is kind of a goofy guy. Hell of a rapper, but goofy nevertheless. With that said though, I really dig Quas like a shovel, I love his style, his high pitched voice, fast rapping, unique lyrics, and unique sound effects that he incorporates into his songs.

Alright, C & C as usual, gents. Thanks.

Primary uniforms:

StonesThrowPrimaryunis.png

Alternate uniforms:

StonesThrowAlternateunis.png

-E.A.R.

If you take a logo and slap it on a sharks template, is it really a concept?

Yes, this was clearly constructive criticism... Perhaps I did use a template similar to the San Jose Sharks. The only part where it is really similar is the two stripes on the sleeves (or three depending on how you look at it because one of the stripes is the same color as the rest of the jersey.) So it's similar in that regard, big deal. I filled in every area of the uniform from scratch and cleaned up the logo so that the letters that touch the outside of the circle will form a perfect circle with the rest of the circle. I did not edit anyone's work or anything like that (as if I need to say that, just look at anything else I've posted) nor would I ever. Notice I asked for constructive criticism, elliott. You supplied neither. People (myself included) have given you constructive criticism in your topics. Afford others that same luxury and return the favor.

-E.A.R.

If you take a logo and slap it on a sharks template, is it really a concept?

Yes, this was clearly constructive criticism... Perhaps I did use a template similar to the San Jose Sharks. The only part where it is really similar is the two stripes on the sleeves (or three depending on how you look at it because one of the stripes is the same color as the rest of the jersey.) So it's similar in that regard, big deal. I filled in every area of the uniform from scratch and cleaned up the logo so that the letters that touch the outside of the circle will form a perfect circle with the rest of the circle. I did not edit anyone's work or anything like that (as if I need to say that, just look at anything else I've posted) nor would I ever. Notice I asked for constructive criticism, elliott. You supplied neither. People (myself included) have given you constructive criticism in your topics. Afford others that same luxury and return the favor.

-E.A.R.

Okay sorry about that didn't know I was offending you. I'll actually give some constructive criticism now.

Let me just say that the black jersey looks really cool and would be something that I might buy. (the sharks really screwed up their black alternate and this would look a lot better in place of it.) The the actual striping, I would add more white to the home and alt and add more black to the away. Maybe put a white stripe for the middle bottom stripe for the home/alt and a black for the middle of the away. Also, I would keep the logo script color consistant thoughout

• 1 month later...

Archived