Cubs and Ivy

Discrim

The time when my specialty was TATC jerseys is one I fondly look back on, and I kinda regret that those who weren't around in the Fanhome days never got to see any of em. Heh, one day I might resurrect the project, though I know it won't be in the near future. Anyways, I'd been thinking of a turnahead-ish idea for a couple years now, actually, combining the Cubs and their famed ivy-covered outfield wall somehow. Initially, I was floating around a near-full ivy covered jersey with the 94-96 mad bear peeking out on the front, and a back numberplate reminiscient of the distance signs, yellow number and all...and had I gone through with it, the cap would've been green, or had a green bill. Later on, I drew it out and figured I'd tone it down to a Habs stripe of ivy on blue, with otherwise the same premise (shoot, I'd wanted to make a nameplate mimicing the scoreboard, to tell the truth). Main problem with that, the back numbers would be tiny in comparison to the earlier idea.

And so, I finally got around to putting this together recently...without further ado, here we go! :D

Cubsthird.png

rectifying a problem the current alt blues have, the regular C-ubs logo appears on the right sleeve, and as I wanted some ivy on both sides, I kept the idea of the mad bear peeking through the ivy. Instead of the two original ideas, I decided on doin the back kinda like the trolley on the City jersey, with an outfield distance numberplate.

now it's been released, tell me what you think...you feelin this? B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

sorry, not feelin' this. It's an interesting idea, but it's so aesthetically unappealing that the idea gets lost. that habs-stripe idea sounded more interesting, although I'd leave the ivy on the wall.

Archived