DC United, Houston will sport VT jerseys this weekend.

Saturn

I don't mind the ribbon, but I think this whole tribute to VT has gone a bit too far.

After seeing this, I agree. It has gone too far, and Houston? I can see DC, because it is fairly close to Virginia, and I also severely hope they don't plan for selling these for any kind of profit.

I don't mind the ribbon, but I think this whole tribute to VT has gone a bit too far.

After seeing this, I agree. It has gone too far, and Houston? I can see DC, because it is fairly close to Virginia, and I also severely hope they don't plan for selling these for any kind of profit.

I agree. But I'll accept it because its rasing money for the victims' families.

I can't say for sure why Houston (other than wanting to do something for the people at VT - God-forbid they try to show they care because they'll get slammed with accusations of pandering), but Houston IS the defending league champions, so that makes them one of the flagship franchises (behind DC United and LA Galaxy).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm assuming they aren't playing each other, since the jerseys are both maroon, but won't this seem strange with one team wearing VT-themed uniforms and their opponents in their normal kits? If the MLS wanted to do this, I think they should have waited until the participating teams played each other and given one side these maroon shirts and the other team orange or white uniforms.

Archived