UNC Baseball Logo

Jamikel

In the spirit of Bucco B's amazing football concept, I wanted to do something that took the argyle design from the men's basketball team and apply it to other sports. But instead of incorporating argyle design into the uniforms, I went a different route and decided to make this argyle-inspired logo.

baseballdiamond.jpg

All work was done in MS Paint, C&C appreciated.

As an alum, I never thought I'd say this, but there's a little too much Carolina blue. (GASP! Wait, read on...)

What I mean, is that there is too much negative space in the logo. The design itself is fairly simple and uncluttered, which is good. But because there isn't much to it, there is a lot of empty space not being used for anything. The design of the basepaths occupies the very fringes of the logo, and the bats and monogram sit in the middle. But the vast majority of the logo is a blue diamond, and that's what the eye is drawn to. It simply dominates the design, when really as a background it should not be the focus.

Make the monogram bigger, and it will work wonders for the logo as a whole. It won't look quite so expansive. Look at it like it's a patch the team would wear - on someone's shoulder, you won't see the monogram because it is so small relative to the logo as a whole. You want the monogram big enough within the diamond so that you can see what it is.

Beyond that suggestion, I give it two thumbs up.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived