Toronto Raptors concept

elliott

Well, I seem to have started spitting out these nba concepts, I wanted to keep the main Raptors elements in place but also try some new things. The logos are in the same place, the jersey+side panel color is the same. I changed the side design to one slash instead of a dip down, and spread it out to the pants and jersey.

Here it is:

raptorsconcept.gif

C+C please!

I did something fairly similar a few months back...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...Toronto+Raptors

Now onto yours, the number is far too big. It wouldn't fit side by side if someone was #44. It also looks hand drawn, as does the wordmark. They both need to be severly cleaned up, the wordmark moreso. I'd also tone down the nameplate size, I doubt Bargani or however you spell his name would fit on the back. One last problem, which was a problem for mine too (hmm). Your sidepanel insert makes a "V" on the jerseys instead of the "/" on the shorts, you see what I'm saying?

I did something fairly similar a few months back...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...Toronto+Raptors

Now onto yours, the number is far too big. It wouldn't fit side by side if someone was #44. It also looks hand drawn, as does the wordmark. They both need to be severly cleaned up, the wordmark moreso. I'd also tone down the nameplate size, I doubt Bargani or however you spell his name would fit on the back. One last problem, which was a problem for mine too (hmm). Your sidepanel insert makes a "V" on the jerseys instead of the "/" on the shorts, you see what I'm saying?

Well, i promise I wasn't copying yours! (yours is much better). I know what your saying about the side panels. I just downloaded all of the nba fonts so i'm gonna clean up the numbers and nameplate, but the big problem is that I don't have access to vector wordmarks. So the wordmark IS handdrawn in illustrator, obviously a problem.

It's easy to fit the number and name when you're using a single digit and a 4-letter name.

Try squeezing "VILLANEUVA" on the back of your uniform, or Mo Pete's "PETERSON" and his #24. It's a better guage of how big or small to make a font for a uniform.

As far as the concept goes, it's good. I don't know why the lettering all looks hand-drawn, and the claw is hideously oversized. And a general word to the wise: when you start prefacing your concepts with "I seem to have started spitting out these NBA concepts", you're implying that you aren't putting much thought into what you're doing, or why. Don't be one of those quantity over quality types that pollute these boards and draw attention away from deserving artists who really apply themselves diligently. You've currently got 3 concepts among the top 15 threads on the Concepts board. That should tell you something - you're spreading yourself all over the place on 3 separate creations, and all of them are suffering as a result. Concentrate on one good concept instead of 3 mediocre ones. Take the time to read what people are telling you when they evaluate your work, and learn from the process. That's the way you'll become better - through learning and experience, not by clogging the boards with marginal work.

I'll be honest, when you basically admit that you didn't realize what you're putting out, I judge your concept with a jaundiced eye, and I am not the only one here who feels that way. So slow down, and try to make one really nice, thoughtfully designed and carefully created concept you can be proud of. Any hack can throw up slop, but real artists take their time to make something special.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived