Arizona Diamondbacks Concept

The A-Train

I decided to keep the same colors because they obviously improved things when they ditched the purple. I don't think that anyone really thinks that going to the "DBacks" on the jersey was a good move so I went back to the full Diamondbacks. Also like the real set I wanted to maintain red as the primary color. C&C Welcome! Enjoy!

Arizona Diamondbacks

I like the number set you used, but the font is too simple...needs some identity. Also, they gotta have a cap with the A logo somewhere in there. Otherwise, I like the numbers and it is clean. Use of entire "Diamondbacks" is a plus.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

In general, I'm not a fan. But some details I really like:

1. I love the dark gray road uniforms. Very distinctive, and actually kind of retro: road grays used to be a lot darker than they usually are today. I've been hoping for a few years now that the Padres would spur teams to look for more distinctive road uni colors than the ubiquitous three shades of dark white now in use. It seems of late that it's at least liberated people here to be more creative with road uniform shades, so it's a start. Anyway, I would love to see some team in road uniforms like what you've got here.

2. The piping, only on the sleeves and pants, but not around the neck. A very nice touch; put that piping around the neck and it would be overdone and generic. (Has any new uniform since about 2003 NOT just sort of thrown triple-stripe piping around basically at random?)

3. Good work playing down the legacy A. It's a nice A, but it absolutely doesn't work with the rest of the D-Backs' new identity. I think the mark of any truly great D-Backs concept must be designing a new A logo that can be the centerpiece of the uniform. But I give points here for at least not overusing the current, out-of-place A.

20082614447.png

It feels a little too busy in some points, especially on the scripts and front numbers. Diamondbacks is a big enough word in itself to have a sand and black outline. Maybe just a sand drop shadow would be enough?

Also, arch the nameplates.

The font itself, at first site it looks ok, but looking again it looks unconnected, which makes it look pretty bad. see if maybe you could edit it manually to where it would be a continuous font.

Also, really, for this, a block font would look better.

I agree with Ball Wonk, that I like the more graphite roads, but I don't care for the fact the logo is in sand while everthing else is in brick.

This could be a great set, but it needs a little work.

One more thing, on a purely technical, presentational note:

Each jersey can show up to two different digits of your number font. There are only ten digits, and three jerseys gives room to show six of them. Yet you're only showing us one singe digit, the number 2. I can't tell anything about the quality of the number font you're using from a single digit; that 2 could be the least attractive digit in an awesome set or it could be the most attractive digit in a terrible set.

I get that you like Eric Byrnes, but please, on a concept, try to show as many different numbers as possible, even if that means using numbers that aren't on the current roster or that belong to players who aren't like totally faboo.

20082614447.png

Archived