Rock County Rockers Concept

illwauk

This concept is for the Midwest League team currently known as the Beloit Snappers. Ever since the Snappers lost the Brewers affiliation, they've been looking to build a new stadium... most likely in Janesville (which I have mixed thoughts on that I'll keep to myself... for now). Anyway, the club has stated that if they do leave Beloit, that they'll rename themselves for Rock County as a whole. And one of the name's they've been kicking around is Rock County Rockers. So I decided to run with it.

Originally, I wanted to go a 1960's psychidellic route. But then I remembered the summer I worked at Alpine Valley (just up the road from Beloit) which is home to Ozzfest. So then I figured that a heavy metal route might be more relevant here. I don't know much about metal, but I know when I worked Ozzfest that 5 out of 4 people that came up to my concession stand were wearing a black t-shirt. I originally chose black, white and silver for colors, but then I figured that looked too much like the White Sox, so I decided to see what I could do with just black and white. I have to say I'm pretty surprised at how well this came out, even though I feel like a couple things are missing. But either way, it's something that I could see on every burnt-out mullet-wearing 80's headbanger (and believe me, in Rock County that's a HUGE market :D)

C&C as usual...

rc_rockers.png

The number font kinda looks more Star Wars than metal to me, but besides that, they're good.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

This concept is for the Midwest League team currently known as the Beloit Snappers. Ever since the Snappers lost the Brewers affiliation, they've been looking to build a new stadium... most likely in Janesville (which I have mixed thoughts on that I'll keep to myself... for now). Anyway, the club has stated that if they do leave Beloit, that they'll rename themselves for Rock County as a whole. And one of the name's they've been kicking around is Rock County Rockers. So I decided to run with it.

The plan was to try to move the team to Janesville if a land swap could be arranged. The stadium was to be built along with the new Fair Grounds and possible a racing dirt track at the SW corner of WI-11 (old WI-351) and I-39/90. But the proposal has long died.

Archived