Argentina National Team

MrAsterisk

It's been a while since I've made a soccer concept, but KaTo has inspired me to get back in the game. First, here are my previous efforts:

Algeria (CAF)

Scotland (UEFA)

Chicago Fire (MLS)

Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS)

Newcastle United (Premiership)

Olympique de Marseille (Ligue 1)

This time, it's Argentina, whose light-blue and white striped kits have been ever-present since 1910. The team has been, of course, very historically successful and looks to continue that trend with young talent like Lionel Messi. In this concept, I've stuck with Adidas for the kit manufacturer and created a new template for them. Have a look:

Argentina.jpg

On the far right of this trio is Barcelona striker Javier Saviola, wearing the home kit. Argentina's traditional stripes remain, but widened to better match the national flag on which they are based.

To his right is Gabriel Heinze, one of my personal favorite players to watch, wearing dark blue. I've not practiced what I preach here by repeating the same template, but I think it works well enough. The inserts on the shirt are broken up to create the blue-white-blue pattern of the flag. The shorts and socks are inverted from the home kit, and are interchangeable.

Finally, the goalkeeper is one of my personal favorite names to say, Roberto Abbondanzieri, goalkeeper for Getafe. His dark green kit represents Argentina's forested region trimmed in silver to match the precious metal that was once present among those trees. Also present are some subtle black inserts.

C&C please!

Speaking as likely the only person on the board who sees Argentine national team stuff every day, I don't know how to feel about it.

It's definitely well designed, but I don't know if it's an upgrade. While I understand why you did it, making the home jersey with just three stripes makes it feel empty.

Archived