1st Concept Ever

ahlbrandt

Long time lurker, first time concept. Unlike many, I actually really like the Rockies logo set, as I have been seeing it here in Colorado since I was five. But, obviously, their uniform set is a complete disaster. I went with the basic set of three, and ditched both the pinstripes and vests entirely. Nothing drastic here, just cleaned it up. I also made the purple slightly less blue.

HOME:

HomeDisplaycopy.jpg

ROAD:

DisplayRoadcopy-1.jpg

ALTERNATE:

AlternateDisplaycopy-1.jpg

C&C appreciated

*Edit* - Included changes suggested by ltravisjr (and I think the small adjustments to the alt make it look much better)

I will never like that font the Rockies use, but if it has to be there, I don't think they can do much better than what you have here. The only thing I would suggest would be to reverse the silver and white on the CR logo and make the alternate jersey number white as well. Otherwise, I can see this on the field. In fact, I SHOULD see this on the field.

LT

To start with, in terms of the big picture, I think you've done a terrific job here. The Rockies script needs a simpler jersey than what the Rockies wear now; the Denver climate does not justify vests; and the purple does need to be a tad less blue and more red. Oh, and purple caps. Colorado needs purple caps.

And now, for the ceremonial splitting of hairs:

1. Black socks?! You've got such a clean look going here that it just looks wrong for the socks not to match the purple piping and caps.

2. Number and player name fonts. Both are a bit too blocky and plain. You need to find something that will better match the feel of the distinctive jersey script. You don't have to go overboard like the Brewers on this point, but the look of the numbers and the names on the back really disrupts the look and feel of your uniforms.

3. The black cap on the alts just doesn't work for me. Big swaths of purple and black just look muddled. Make it all purple, or find a better approach to the alternate than just generic team-color jersey. Speaking of, the black piping on the purple alt also doesn't work. It will be more or less invisible in real life. Make it silver piping, or black piping with some kind of outline on either side, or something.

4. The road script looks like it's black and purple, not black and silver. That script really needs to be in the same style as the home script. (Personally, I'd do both in purple with silver fill-ins, but that's just me.)

5. The CR cap? Why? I mean, as a native of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, I'm glad somebody makes a CR cap, in case I ever want to show my hometown pride. But it's just wrong for big-league teams to combine city/state initials with nickname initials. That's what minor-league teams do. Give us a C or a CO cap or Rocky Mountains logo cap. Or even throw a D on the home alt. But it's always disappointing to see concept-makers repeat the mistakes of the actual club. OK, sure, it's tradition. But then again, with this team, so are ugly jerseys, and I see you didn't follow that tradition. The CR logo was a clever mark for an expansion club trying to build name recognition before it took the field. But now that it's a real team, Colorado needs a grown-up cap logo that represents either the city/state or the team name, but not both. Sorry to harp on this, but your whole concept would be better served by a cleaner, more interesting, more big-league cap logo.

But big picture, this is still a terrific concept based on some very good choices about team identity. Not sure I've seen a Rockies concept I like better than this.

20082614447.png

Solid overall. I don't like the black names on the primaries. I'd use purple.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I've made some changes based on everyone's suggestions. I also decided to drop the black, though I know that would affect the logos being used, but I didn't feel it totally necessary and I think the result is a lot smoother...

homedisplay.jpg

roaddisplay.jpg

altdisplay.jpg

Great job! I like this a lot. Never really was a fan of the purple pinstripes...

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived