My baseball dream....

habsfannova

OK, this is kinda a old school idea, but bear with me.  It actually involves adding two more teams and keeping the Expos in Montreal

Split the divisions up like this(I have no idea what to name them...):

AMERICAN

Classic Division

New York

Boston

Baltimore

Oakland

Detroit

Chicago

Cleveland

Minnesota

New Division

Toronto

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Texas

Kansas City

Anaheim

Portland (EXP)

Washington(EXP)

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Classic Division

Philidelphia

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Chicago

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

Cincinatti

Atlanta

New Division

Montreal

San Diego

New York

Houston

Florida

Colorado

Milluakee

Phoenix

Each team would play their division more then the rest of the league, and inter-league play would be abolished!  The top two teams in each divison would meet for the ALCS/NLCS, and then the world series.

Pretty cool, non?

Well, since you titled it yor dream, I can't bash it too hard.

However, what baseball really needs is about 6 FEWER teams.  There aren't enough cities and owners to properly support the teams that already exist, and there certainly aren't two more un-tapped markets out there that will long-term support a baseball team.

PS - The Brewers were put on the market today.  This is wonderful news - not that I dis-like Bud Selig, but the team needs new ownership with deeper pockets (or the willingness to spend money, however you phrase it).  Let's see how long it takes to find an owner, in any market, for this team.  This may prove the point I was making above.

It's where I sit.

I like the idea of the original teams in one division. It gives those of us in Detroit the chance to get our @$$es handed to us by the Red Sox and Yankees more often. :laugh:  but seriously, it is a great idea, and as was previously stated, there needs to be about 6 fewer teams. It would be nice if the NHL could put the big 6 in the same division, too. But then again theres no use thinking about things that the Board of Governors would never even consider.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived