AC St. Mary's Concept

Don

Ok, so here is my first real concept and its soccer. This was made entirely in paint by me and my wife. Here it is, then i'll give my explanation:

acstmarys.png

So I live in St. Mary's County, MD, and im a new soccer fan. I thought it'd be cool to have a soccer team down in my little area of MD. So I thought up this idea and my wife helped me out with the execution. I wanted a maryland feel with a st marys county touch. so i went with the parts from the MD flag representing the Crosslands and Calvert families. If youre wondering what the hell that is in the middle, its my representation of an oyster, with the soccer ball representing a pearl. St. Mary's County is home to the National Oyster Shucking Championships, so i thought it was a nice touch. I'd like to do matchkits, but im unable to figure out photoshop so if anyone wants to help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

C&C is greatly appreciated!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

yeah i agonized over that myself, i tried the best one that would be classy yet old englishy, that was the closest i had on my comp.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

i thought about doing a skipjack or the ark, but couldnt figure out how to do it in paint, those were actually were my first ideas.

Crabcakes and Futbol...that's what Maryland does!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Not bad for a first go.

I don't mean to pile on, but I have to agree on the font choice. Script fonts like that are not meant to be used in all caps like that. If you do find something Olde Englishy, be sure to use both upper and lower cases.

And honestly, I think the clam is a bit too much. It looks just sort of slapped on (I know it wasn't, but bear with me here). I would say take it out; the crest would be much stronger with just the elements from the Maryland flag. If you're totally married to it, though, I'd put a thick white outline on it to really make it stand out from the rest of it.

Keep it up; there are certainly some good things going on here.

Archived