My Logo (very rough draft)

beansdooma

I'm currently aspiring to be a graphic designer. I have a long road ahead of me still and a lot of learning and such, but for the design business I'd like to start someday, the name I'm going to use is " blackliteDESIGN ".

Here's logo I've been using since I devised it.

bld01.png

Now, the theme behind the logo and name is something like, seeing what you normally wouldn't, as a blacklight would. So the circle in the logo represents the blacklight, and the black square/rectangle represents a bland object. When the light is put over the object, however...

bld02.png

Anyway, that's the story more or less. The logo isn't perfected, it always looks much better hand drawn than when I draw it on the computer. I want to know, does it seem professional enough?

What I'm also looking for is a really good font for my identity. I'm looking for a sans serif that has definite upper and lower case, maybe something taller. Something like this, perhaps, but less bold I guess. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

200827174822.png

That's a very creative logo. you can have anything in that "blacklight", and with the design world going into a more interactive future, that will be your ticket in!

Yeah that was kinda my plan, to have a flash website, and as you scroll over things, the little logo on the top changes into previews of whatever you're scrolling over.

200827174822.png

Whatever you do, if you are aspiring to be a designer, absolutely do NOT use a freeware font in your logo.

thats a very strange thing to say? ive used many free fonts over the years.

but that logo is not great. i appreciate the idea, i quite like that but i think the execution is

poor and you arent really conveying the concept of revealing the hidden that well at the moment.

id like to see a few logos based on the idea tho, i reckon you could do something nice with it.

Whatever you do, if you are aspiring to be a designer, absolutely do NOT use a freeware font in your logo.

I suppose I should specify. I work primarily in print, and freeware fonts generally look like :censored:e when printed. They are generally developed on a computer and proofed and used on screen, not printed. So, for use in web and screen applications, I guess they are fine, but for the most part, I wouldn't use a freeware typeface in print.

I suppose I should specify. I work primarily in print, and freeware fonts generally look like :censored:e when printed. They are generally developed on a computer and proofed and used on screen, not printed. So, for use in web and screen applications, I guess they are fine, but for the most part, I wouldn't use a freeware typeface in print.

What fonts do you use mainly Joel. and is there one site you get them from. I only ask as at our company they are launching a new service and want a unique font to go with the logos. At the moment they are using Tahoma

logo.png

Archived