Elton Brand Ruptures Achilles

NJTank

Theres an article on Sportsline right now that says the Clippers are a sure lottery pick if not #1.....when are people going to pull their heads out of their asses? Itll be tough and they may end up in the lottery, but #1? Thats pushing it, theyre are a few teams that are FAR worse, but who knows how the balls will bounce, right?

Theres an article on Sportsline right now that says the Clippers are a sure lottery pick if not #1.....when are people going to pull their heads out of their asses? Itll be tough and they may end up in the lottery, but #1? Thats pushing it, theyre are a few teams that are FAR worse, but who knows how the balls will bounce, right?

Seeing as that Elgin Baylor (who in my opinion is the REAL blame for the Clippers' futility the last 20+ years) is still in charge of basketball operations, I don't see much hope with the #1 pick being any good.

Seeing as that Elgin Baylor (who in my opinion is the REAL blame for the Clippers' futility the last 20+ years) is still in charge of basketball operations, I don't see much hope with the #1 pick being any good.

You blame Elgin more than Donald T. Sterling? Baylor's a stooge, granted, but he's a stooge that's been gainfully employed for 20+ years in the same capacity by the same moron.

You blame Elgin more than Donald T. Sterling? Baylor's a stooge, granted, but he's a stooge that's been gainfully employed for 20+ years in the same capacity by the same moron.

Granted Sterling is just as big of a moron than Elgin, but if Sterling is guilty of one thing (other than being a bigot and a pervert) it is being incredibly loyal to Elgin. Baylor didn't have much of a track record before he became the Clips' GM. He's THE classic example of a great player who's horrible in a position of authority (MJ, Isiah, Willis Reed, Wes Unseld, etc.). Trust me, I'm not defending Sterling by any means, but when most people blame the Clippers' woes on Donald T. (and rightfully so), they always leave out Elgin.

You're right about the Stooge part...on the Clippers message boards I'm part of, we always refer to Dunleavy, Sterling, and Baylor as the Three Stooges.

Archived