New NFL "Team Name Special" sig

Echo07

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no chance you'd be interested in doing a tutorial on how to do this style would you?

I think I would be able to do that.

I would just need to find the time and best way to walk you through it. You definitely would need to have photoshop and some time to put in...it is a bit involved to get the original version done. Making others is not quite as bad once you have the base design down.

titans.png

A tutorial or general template would be great. I would like to make all the teams in the SEC. I have it down for the most part using the jersey pattern supplied by axl in his template. Just doesnt quite look EXACTLY the same as yours, but its pretty close. Great work by the way. They looks awesome

AlabamaLightBanner.png

Geez, your sig space might look a little crowded with all of these sigs you've been requesting, buddy. Keep in mind that people do these for free and on their own time.

At least I think it was you who posted a bunch of requests in another sig thread. But everyone does it, really. So this could be considered a general discussion.

Okay...

So, I spent the majority of the night breaking down how I made this sig and putting it into a multi-page PDF. It's weird because I use Photoshop everyday, so i just move through the program without actually thinking about the steps, but I had to notate each move. I have never done that before...more tedious than I thought.

Anyway...

- The file is 2 MB so if you want the tutorial just email me at brad@havenproductions.net and I will send it out. Two other things...

- I use a MAC, so the shortcuts all use the apple key. I think PC translates the same with the cntrl key

Also, I know there are a hundred different ways to acheive a certain effect in Photoshop...but I just jotted down the ones that I use most frequently and can move through without thinking. I'm sure we could debate a better way to do anything, but I was just trying to knock this out quickly :)

rbg0110, I tried sending you a personal message about this, but your setup is not allowing messages. Hopefully you check back here and see this post.

Cheers.

titans.png

Do you think you could make these for other leagues? Like NHL, MLB, NBA?

Pritch - At the moment I am trying to finish out the remaining teams in the NFL. I have 4 to go I believe.

I am not sure if I will do the same sig for other leagues. It really takes a good bit of time and my schedule has been quite hectic. I will probably hold off from starting a new series until I have some type of break. It's hard to come home and design at night, when I'm on the computer with design full time during the day.

I'll definitely do something else in the near future (maybe NHL)

Later.

titans.png

Roscoe - That looks really nice. I think you did a good job with it.

The one thing I see that is different is that I used a bevel / emboss and slight drop shadow on the logotypes (or elephant logo in your case). Currently you have a red outline around it, but it kind of blends in to the jersey. The B&E helps the logo to jump off a little bit more. Other than that kudos!

Transition...

Here are two more NFL sigs (leaving but two in the AFC South).

ravens.png

bengals.png

titans.png

Roscoe - Looks much better. I think it stands out a little more and creates some depth.

Hey, you should start your own post and show these off...with a kind nod to my original design of course :)

I think people would love to have some NCAA ones.

Good job

titans.png

Thanks. I must admit your design is great. It quickly caught my attention. I just recently started to teach myself graphic design. Something I've always been interested in. I have a few originals but for now I'm trying to see if I can replicate things.

AlabamaLightBanner.png

Archived