Sabres Concept

penguin20

Here's a sabres jersey concept I came up with. Sorry its so sloppy. Anyways I tried to mix old and new and I wanted to see what a white buffalo would look like.

otherbufuni.png

This is all over the place bud, and I don't mean the quality.

Sorry but i don't think it works at all. I don't like it, keep trying.

untitled-6.jpg

Here's a sabres jersey concept I came up with. Sorry its so sloppy. Anyways I tried to mix old and new and I wanted to see what a white buffalo would look like.

otherbufuni.png

:welcome:

Free bit of advice, boss.

If you preface a post like you did, you've already forced many of us to prejudge your concept and dislike it before we've even seen it.

In your 2nd sentence, you admit your work is sloppy. If you know that, why'd you post it? Any hope your concept had of being judged on its merits is out the window, and will be buried beneath people calling out your sloppiness. Next time, spend more time to clean it up. This place isn't a race; we'll be here when you're good and ready for a review of a well-executed project.

Your 3rd sentence turns off those you didn't hit with the sloppiness statement. Mixing old and new is almost always a recipe for disaster. For every designer who thinks carefully about the interplay of design elements from different uniforms that were never meant to be worn together, there are dozens of "concepts" where someone cut & pasted a bunch of random logos together and thought it was a good idea.

So with your preface already dooming your concept, here's my take on the jersey itself:

It doesn't work. It's essentially the old sleeve stripes on a stripped-down version of the new design. The colors are used poorly - no gray in the sleeves, and no gold in the body piping. Traditional stripes on the sleeves are mismatched with ultramodern piping seen on the EDGE template. The sleeves simply look like they don't belong on that jersey.

You've tried to do the impossible - meld the Sabres' old look with the new. Simply put, the Buffaslug was meant to replace the original uniform (and the Goat Head black/red/silver stuff, obviously), not coexist with it. You need to put more thought into what you're doing instead of haphazardly combining things carelessly and posting it.

Good luck with the re-do. Rome wasn't built in a day, and nobody's early work here is so good we didn't have room for improvement. Keep at it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived