2007 NLDS & ALDS Preview

NJTank

OOPS!! I was catching up on the board and saw this thread first. I didn't notice the "Predictions Thread"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would be VERY surprised to see the Yankees win in 4. Not only have they not faced Sabathia, but Carmona pitched very well in one start this season at Yankee Stadium... the game Borowski blew. Carmona was not too great in the other. I don't know what impact youth/inexperience/nerves will have to do with this series. It could hurt. The Yankee veteran leadership may Prevail. I just feel that it's about pitching. The Indians have better pitching and defense. Also, don't be surprised if the Indians don't "automatically" go to Borowski in the 9th. If Perez or Bettencourt "Seems untouchable" during an outing, they may stick with him an dride the hot hand. This homer thinks the Tribe will win this series. Yeah, I know... shocker.

I feel the Angels have beter pitching as well, they should win that series.

I don't follow NL as much, your picks seem fair. Philly may continue to ride the wave though.

Have to disagree with a few points. First off, the Red Sox probably couldn't be happier to see John Lackey twice. The guy's a lights out pitcher but his numbers both against the Red Sox and in Fenway would frighten me if I was an Angels fan.

Lackey v. Sox (career)

60 IP, 6.27 ERA, 42 ERs, 10 HRs, 48 Ks, 26 BBs, 90 Hs

Lackey v. Sox (2007)

9.2 IP, 8.39 ERA, 9 ERs, 2 HRs, 9 Ks, 1 BB, 20 Hs

And while the Angels may be banged up, the Red Sox are the older team so that cross country flight would probably have more of an affect on 'em, so extra time off is a plus, plus it keeps their bullpen fresh.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived