2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

I, as the most homersitic, optomistic, one-sided Pittsburgh fan there is am very worried about this series...

...and I hate how it seems that now Detroit fans are already blaming the refs for fixing the game. Hello, you wont the game 4-0.

They sure did try to. Horrible, horrible officiating.

I'm calling a carbon copy of last years finals.

Says the guy who watched his team lose in 5.

Look, I'm sure the NHL would much rather see Pittsburgh win over Detroit but I don't see them "fixing" games through officiating, if they were to do that, then wouldn't they have tried harder to make Pittsburgh beat Ottawa last year in the first round and make them better, earlier?

Detroit is a better team, Anaheim was the better team. Just deal with it. We all (well, most) know that the West is a harder conference which is filled with more balanced teams in regards to skill. There is a reason why in recent years Western teams have been harder to beat as they have gotten bigger, stronger and more skilled and Detroit is proving that. They can play an offensive game but smother the life out of a primarily offensive team which is used to playing teams of a different level and skill set and playing style. It has nothing to do with fixing what so ever. There were bad calls going both ways but we have become used to that during the season and it should come as no surprise that we are seeing it again. No matter the time of year, officiating sucks.

The Ducks did not win last year because of officiating, they won because they were a better team. You'd have to be NUTS to think otherwise.

FYI this is not a Leafs/Sens battle, this is a "pull your head out of your ass reality check" post.

WTF are you talking about?

The only reason I called Detroit in 5 was because I noticed a lot of similarities between last year's Sens and this year's Pens, it's a :censored:ing prediction. So please explain that comment (says the Sens fan) because I don't see what that has to do with anything..

I said there was horrible officiating tonight, not last year in the playoffs. I recognize that the Ducks were a much better team than Ottawa was and I can deal with it. The statement "They sure did try" was just me playing along to what Maz said about how Detroit fans were talking about the game being fixed.

You make it sound like I went on this tirade about how the NHL hates Ottawa, and that's why they lost, and there is some huge :censored:ing conspiracy against only the teams I'm a fan of. Seriously Neon, shut the :censored: up. It's getting old. You keep pulling all this random bull :censored: against Ottawa that usually doesn't have any direct significance to the argument at hand, and your usually the one bringing up Ottawa in all the threads that get filled with Senators/Leafs banter.

This isn't a Sens/Leafs thing this is a "right back at you" post

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The officiating was brutal tonight. The way they protect goalies now is a disgrace. I dont care what any of you say, Holmstrom DID NOT interfere with the goalie tonight or against Dallas. Those calls were made because the refs were warned about him, a reputation call. This is the Stanley Cup Finals, and someone should remind those clowns of that. Its sad that in the most important games of the year in the highest level of the sport, that I can predict which team is going to get the next penalty. After Pittsburgh got all those calls in the 1st period, you KNEW it was going to come back the other way. On the flip side, you also knew that the Pens could then get away with things that would be called on Detroit. Im tired of seeing the games being reffed based on the score and the circumstances. These are the 2 best teams, LET THEM PLAY.

"Plese Mr. Linesman let the players fight..."

"Let them fight... Let them fight... let them fight, let them fight, LET THEM FIGHT LET THEM FIGHT!"

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The officiating was brutal tonight. The way they protect goalies now is a disgrace. I dont care what any of you say, Holmstrom DID NOT interfere with the goalie tonight or against Dallas. Those calls were made because the refs were warned about him, a reputation call. This is the Stanley Cup Finals, and someone should remind those clowns of that. Its sad that in the most important games of the year in the highest level of the sport, that I can predict which team is going to get the next penalty. After Pittsburgh got all those calls in the 1st period, you KNEW it was going to come back the other way. On the flip side, you also knew that the Pens could then get away with things that would be called on Detroit. Im tired of seeing the games being reffed based on the score and the circumstances. These are the 2 best teams, LET THEM PLAY.

"Let them fight... Let them fight... let them fight, let them fight, LET THEM FIGHT LET THEM FIGHT!"

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

Please do explain......

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

Please do explain......

It's a song called Me Like Hockey by: The Arrogant Worms.

They're a Canadian comedy band.

Hi, how are you?

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

Please do explain......

Ok, but what does that have to do with what I posted?

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

Please do explain......

You said let them play, so I guess he associated that with fighting, thus the lyrics.

Hi, how are you?

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

Please do explain......

You said let them play, so I guess he associated that with fighting, thus the lyrics.

I guess......lol

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

"ME LIKE HOCKEY!"

^_^

Please do explain......

I guess......lol

He's one kooky guy that Neon, who seemed to have missed my post entirely. :rolleyes:

Hi, how are you?

I, as the most homersitic, optomistic, one-sided Pittsburgh fan there is am very worried about this series...

...and I hate how it seems that now Detroit fans are already blaming the refs for fixing the game. Hello, you wont the game 4-0.

Look, I'm sure the NHL would much rather see Pittsburgh win over Detroit but I don't see them "fixing" games through officiating, if they were to do that, then wouldn't they have tried harder to make Pittsburgh beat Ottawa last year in the first round and make them better, earlier?

Detroit is a better team, Anaheim was the better team. Just deal with it. We all (well, most) know that the West is a harder conference which is filled with more balanced teams in regards to skill. There is a reason why in recent years Western teams have been harder to beat as they have gotten bigger, stronger and more skilled and Detroit is proving that. They can play an offensive game but smother the life out of a primarily offensive team which is used to playing teams of a different level and skill set and playing style. It has nothing to do with fixing what so ever. There were bad calls going both ways but we have become used to that during the season and it should come as no surprise that we are seeing it again. No matter the time of year, officiating sucks.

The Ducks did not win last year because of officiating, they won because they were a better team. You'd have to be NUTS to think otherwise.

FYI this is not a Leafs/Sens battle, this is a "pull your head out of your ass reality check" post.

The only reason I called Detroit in 5 was because I noticed a lot of similarities between last year's Sens and this year's Pens, it's a :censored:ing prediction. So please explain that comment (says the Sens fan) because I don't see what that has to do with anything..

I said there was horrible officiating tonight, not last year in the playoffs. I recognize that the Ducks were a much better team than Ottawa was and I can deal with it. The statement "They sure did try" was just me playing along to what Maz said about how Detroit fans were talking about the game being fixed.

You make it sound like I went on this tirade about how the NHL hates Ottawa, and that's why they lost, and there is some huge :censored:ing conspiracy against only the teams I'm a fan of. Seriously Neon, shut the :censored: up. It's getting old. You keep pulling all this random bull :censored: against Ottawa that usually doesn't have any direct significance to the argument at hand, and your usually the one bringing up Ottawa in all the threads that get filled with Senators/Leafs banter.

It's the "carbon copy" comment that got to me. It implies that officiating is included.

Now does it make a little more sense to you?

This isn't just about Ottawa and you always seem to think it is. If anyone else said that I'd be saying the same thing. You just seem to take everything I say as strictly an attack against Ottawa which it is NOT. YOU tend to see it that way. I'm sorry I was pointing out that the Eastern team which crusied through the playoffs got smacked down in the Finals.

And mellow out. No need to get so bent out of shape.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OK, side note. Anyone else notice how crappy the in-game music is at the Joe? Felt like I was at a grade school dance.

What, you didn't enjoy the "I can see clearly now the rain is gone..." song that they played after Cleary scored the goal? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

OK, side note. Anyone else notice how crappy the in-game music is at the Joe? Felt like I was at a grade school dance.

What, you didn't enjoy the "I can see clearly now the rain is gone..." song that they played after Cleary scored the goal? :P

Well that was creative, but 90's techno? Not so much.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

But 90's Techno is where it is at!!

What is 1999 or 2000 without "Blue"? ;)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

It's the "carbon copy" comment that got to me. It implies that officiating is included.

This isn't just about Ottawa and you always seem to think it is. If anyone else said that I'd be saying the same thing. You just seem to take everything I say as strictly an attack against Ottawa which it is NOT. YOU tend to see it that way. I'm sorry I was pointing out that the Eastern team which crusied through the playoffs got smacked down in the Finals.

Well I called a carbon copy of the finals. So that means that I think this series will be like last year's, You were over-thinking that. Carbon copy of last year = West team wins in 5, East team wins game 3. So no, I don't see how "Says the guy who watched his team lose in 5" comment has to do with me calling a carbon copy.

I never said it was just about Ottawa, I said how you always bring up Ottawa when there really is no need. See the difference? Or do I have to draw up a pie chart?

I never said that Anaheim won because of officiating yet, your telling me to deal with the fact we lost. See your bringing up that when all I said was that the officiating was bad tonight, and that I pick Detroit in 5 as a carbon copy of last year's finals. I'm pretty sure most people understood what I meant by that.

There is plenty of need to get bent out of shape when people are telling me to get my head out of my ass, when it was never up there to begin with.

Hi, how are you?

Haha well Im partial to "Walkin on Sunshine"

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Great, now you made me want to go and watch Futurama. Nothing cracks me up more than watching Fry scurbbing down Kip who in turn is scrubbing down Zap while belting out this song at the top of his lungs.

"Wow, I have never seen this many balls sacks." or something along those lines.

Good times.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Great, now you made me want to go and watch Futurama. Nothing cracks me up more than watching Fry scurbbing down Kip who in turn is scrubbing down Zap while belting out this song at the top of his lungs.

Good times.

Im actully watching old episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? as we speak......classic.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Well I called a carbon copy of the finals. So that means that I think this series will be like last year's, You were over-thinking that. Carbon copy of last year = West team wins in 5, East team wins game 3. So no, I don't see how "Says the guy who watched his team lose in 5" comment has to do with me calling a carbon copy.

I never said it was just about Ottawa, I said how you always bring up Ottawa when there really is no need. See the difference? Or do I have to draw up a pie chart?

I never said that Anaheim won because of officiating yet, your telling me to deal with the fact we lost. See your bringing up that when all I said was that the officiating was bad tonight, and that I pick Detroit in 5 as a carbon copy of last year's finals. I'm pretty sure most people understood what I meant by that.

There is plenty of need to get bent out of shape when people are telling me to get my head out of my ass, when it was never up there to begin with.

*smacks head on desk*

Re-read your original post. You talked about officiating. Then talked about this series being like last years. They both appear to be on the same thought and not two different ones. So, through the powers of deduction, when you say this years final seems like last years after just talking about how bad the officiating was, it seems to be in the same thought and that officiating is part of what you were implying.

Get what cause this whole over quoted argument?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Good times.

Im actully watching old episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? as we speak......classic.

Wow... to think of how many D-List actors got their start on that show. Well, maybe a few B-Listers too.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Good times.

Wow... to think of how many D-List actors got their start on that show. Well, maybe a few B-Listers too.

Haha I just got done the one with the Gremlin-possessed camera. It had Finch from American Pie when he was like 13.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived