Infrared's Who Am I? MLB Playoff Edition 10/14

infrared41

1. I am a seven time all-star.

2. I won five straight gold gloves.

3. I am a two time MVP.

4. During my career I had the most home runs and RBI of anyone in my league over a ten year span.

5. The last two teams I played for made the playoffs this season after unlikely runs to get them there.

6. I made only one post season appearance in my career.

Who Am I?

BB52Big.jpg

3. I am a two time MVP.

4. During my career I had the most home runs and RBI of anyone in my league over a ten year span.

5. The last two teams I played for made the playoffs this season after unlikely runs to get them there.

Who Am I?

Dale Murphy

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

3. I am a two time MVP.

Who Am I?

Dale Murphy

You're on fire tonight Tank. Dale Murphy it is. Just wondering, how in the hell did you know the Whozzit? Clay Dalrymple?

edit: Turns out you didn't know the Whoozit. Oh well, 1 for 2 ain't bad.

BB52Big.jpg

He'll probably never get voted in, but I would love to see Dale Murphy get inducted into the Hall of Fame. During his career, I don't think he ever got over the fact that people were willing to pay him to play baseball.....

Murphy's problem is that his numbers don't look that impressive when compared with today's inflated steroid numbers. Two straight MVP awards back then was a pretty big deal. He was for a time the best player in the game and certainly one of the best outfielders of his era. But you rarely hear him mentioned in discussions of the great players of the 80's. It's too bad because the guy could play.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived