Zoneranger's Whozis #231

zoneranger

More of a "wherezis" than a "whozis"...anyone recognize this building? <_<who231.jpg

Purely a guess, but it looks like a boxer over in the right circle, and it doesn't look like a gym, so I'll say the Boxing Hall of Fame, even though it looks too crappy to be that.

More of a "wherezis" than a "whozis"...anyone recognize this building? <_<who231.jpg

Purely a guess, but it looks like a boxer over in the right circle, and it doesn't look like a gym, so I'll say the Boxing Hall of Fame, even though it looks too crappy to be that.

Yes, but I think you got it. Check this out:

http://normalguynormalgirl.blogspot.com/20...oxing-hall.html

I noticed the boxing like logo too, but said to myself, "That looks too good to be a training gym."

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

In 1982, residents of Canastota, N.Y., decided to honor former welterweight and middleweight champion of the late-1950s, Carmen Basilio, and his nephew, Billy Backus, who won the world welterweight title in 1970. The townspeople raised funds for a showcase that would celebrate the achievements their two local heroes.

The success and enthusiasm for that project encouraged Canastotians to explore the possibility of establishing boxing's first hall of fame and museum. That project was completed in 1989, when two dozen former champions witnessed the ribbon cutting ceremony of the International Boxing Hall of Fame. And, a year later the first class of boxing legends, including Muhammad Ali, were on hand to recieve their long overdue enshrinement. Since then, the IBHOF, under the leadership of Executive Director, Ed Brophy, has added one wing to the Museum and an event pavilion adjacent to the Hall. The Hall of Fame holds annual induction ceremonies in early June as the highlight of a four-day celebration of boxing and its legends.

How about that?

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Archived