Company Logo

CBOhioU

That will be really nice, but here's what I think: First, I don't get why the arm of the G continues to the right and connects with the C. That ruins the impact of the C for me, as I don't see it as easily. Second, I think this would work best as one color. All you need to do is put some space between the strokes where they overlap.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I echo Andrew's statement. I'd say that it would be best to separate the inner letter as the C, giving it enough space that it can be printed or visible when taken down to a smaller size. I think I would also agree that the overlaps should have some spacing in order to make the shapes more distinctive.

Overall, the design is very classic. In fact, it's almost perfect for that industry in that it conjures up the logos of some of the old machine companies in that art deco way.

Another way to improve would be to look at ways to integrate color into the design (a point on which I disagree with Andrew). I took a quick look at their web site; they seem to like blue and gray. That might be a bit too regimented, so perhaps some level of color that would echo art deco design. Whatever the color choices, however, a one-color version will have to be an effective mark as well.

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I changed the 'C' inside the circle and added space between the overlapping letters. Any other suggestions for improvement? Also, do you have any reccomendations for a font that would go well with this logo? Thanks again!

GMC%20Logo%20Samples%202.PNG

Thanks for the feedback. I changed the 'C' inside the circle and added space between the overlapping letters. Any other suggestions for improvement? Also, do you have any reccomendations for a font that would go well with this logo? Thanks again!

GMC%20Logo%20Samples%202.PNG

To continue on the Art Deco theme, this is what I thought:

gmcconcept.jpg

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the different media this could be used on, IMO the interlocking logo is just way too busy and wouldn't scale well. My thought is to switch to something simple. Since Geauga means 'racoon' maybe you could incorporate that with a mechanical slant to it. I do think you should stay with the Art Deco style for the wordmark and just incorporate a simpler logo to match.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived