Doosh's NFL 2008 Redesign

MattMilone

Shouldn't the sleeve striping run parallel with the cuff?

Now for the design itself. The jersey striping seems too thick. The pant striping is OK. I'm not a fan of the double outline of the numbers. The font is the Bears and shouldn't be changed, so kudos for that. You didn't include it, but a true shift in the identity would be either adding a secondary logo or a change to the helmet logo. With the name BEARS, they should be able to come up with something more than just a C.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Moving on to team number two (2/32), I present the . . .

2008 Chicago Bears.

Inspiration) The Bears are one of those teams who just embody the tough blue-collar attitude. Their success derives all the way back to 30's and 40's, up through the 60's and 70's, and the domination of the league continued in the 80's. Since the NFL came into existence, the Bears have been winning. So overall, the style and feel of Bears needed to stay the same, it needed to keep close to it's fan base (who stretches from people in their 80's and onward). The real heart of this concept came from an old image of a Bears helmet, the ones that were plain dark blue with a pure white "C" on it (found here). Then, comparing the old classical burnt orange jerseys to the ones, I figured I needed to blend the old feeling of the jerseys, the real strength and power of the blue, with the new sleeker style the NFL is moving toward.

Execution) I used the more traditional blue (a very slight difference from the current Bears navy) and the normal Bears orange. I wanted to rid of the three orange stripes on the home, and use an orange-white-orange striping instead. Also, I put the TV numbers on the shoulder, allowing all three stripes to be on the sleeve (thanks to Billy B for the suggestion), and I think it's more efficient for the tight style cuts used my most players. For the numbers and the pants stripes, this was really the one thing that was really different and could really piss people off: using TWO strokes on the numbers, the inner-most using the jersey color stroke, and the outer using the classical color stroke (i.e. think Chargers 2004 uniform numbers). I think it works, but many may not. I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out . . . As far as the helmet, I've added thin stripes to the top, and used the old school white "C", rather than the orange and white one. (NOTE: Helmet not yet posted, but it'll be up by tonight)

Presentation) I now present Version One of the 2008 Chicago Bears:

ChicagoBearsHome.jpg

ChicagoBearsAway.jpg

C&C is very very appreciated.

Where is the helmet?

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Archived