Nashville Predators and Quebec Nordiques Concepts

Shane Does Art

For Nashville I wanted to see colours that actually look good together so I tried to make the logo a tad simpler by just using 2 colours. Tried to make it traditional looking, and played off of some of the other Pro Teams around Nashville.

Nashvillehome.png

Nashvilleroad.png

For The Nordiques I tried to make something a little less bare by putting in red and some more stripes.

quebechome.png

quebecroad.png

C & C Please

They are cleaner in full view.

Hi, how are you?

That breezer stripe is pretty unconventional on the Nords, yet I like it. The sweater is a little busy, but in a good way. It's really nice to look at. The crest is a little too big, though, and I preferred the last iteration of it, with white trim on the crest so that the color palette didn't need to be flipped on the blue sweater. The fleur-de-lis striping pattern is great, though. Well done.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For the Predators I love the duo-tone logo, it looks much better then what they've got now. However, the jerseys remind me, at least the darker ones, a lot of the Maple Leafs. I think the darker blue needs to be pushed even darker, and that would make all the difference. I think a third color would muck it up, so darkening the navy is the way to go.

Your Quebec set is fine.

As far as your Nashville set is concerned, I have to say no.

First, you have taken a modern-style logo and put it on a vintage-style jersey with vintage-style numerals. This just doesn't fly.

Second, although you have simplified the logo by getting rid of some colours, I think you got rid of the wrong colours. Yellow is an official colour of the City of Nashville, so I feel it should be involved by default. Also, I really like their silver, especially when the "shimmery" fabric was used for the yokes of their old jerseys. It seemed to tie the whole modern theme together.

The Nashville jersey looks like the Toronto St. Michael Majors jerseys, before they moved to Mississauga in the Ontario Hockey League. I don't know if your fimilar with that league, but that's what it looks like to me anyway. The Quebec one isn't terrible, it has a nice clean look to it and I like it. Nice work.

spezzaheatley1.png

I think that the Nashville jersey's dont look to bad at all personally. I think the color choices are perfect for Nashville, it reminds me of what the Grizzlies did in the NBA after a few years in Memphis, changing colors to better fit the area. And the colors look alot alike, and thats a good thing. Also, a great traditional look to go with it is a smart move on your part. Great work there.

As far as the Nordiques, I think that it looks ok, but it isnt stellar. IDK what it is, but ive never been fully captivated with that logo and the million fleur-de-lis everywhere. But I think that what you did with it looks alright. I think that a cool recolorization of that wolf logo that went unused with those colors or darker shades of those colors would look nice, with a fluer-de-lis as a secondary logo.

Keep it up, though. I think that overall you did very well here! Great work!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived