Dolphins Concept

JamieRose

Yeah, i'm working on a redesign of the NFL because i feel like it, it will most likely take a very long time..

First up, Miami Dolphins. For this, i used the classic aqua and orange (Used throughout the 70's). It's mostly because they won using these slightly different colors. I also slightly changed their navy to Nautical Blue (stolen from the Pats).

My biggest thing in this concept was to keep it simple, and make all of the striping uniform. All striping on white is the same, all striping on aqua is the same, and all striping on orange is the same.

**NOTE**

The alternate uniform is not meant to be one uniform, but alternate jersey and pant options. All pants are interchangeable.

DolphinsLogos.png

DolphinsHelmet.png

DolphinsHome.png

DolphinsRoad.png

DolphinsAlternate.png

TDZiMMB.png

It's a very interesting start. Being one of the few Islander's Fisherman-era fans, I love the teal-orange-navy combo quite a bit. But... I think one major issue you have in the early stages is the execution of the navy in this concept. In the home and away, it's a very thin, nearly unnoticeable stripe, but in the alt, it's much more emphasized(looks more like a Bears alt).

You might try eliminating the teal space on the teal jersey and pants striping - in other words, expand the navy to cover it and have the striping goes white-navy-orange-navy-white. Same goes for the white jersey and pants, with teal-navy-orange-navy-teal striping.

Also, a little more teal on the orange set would be nice. Keep working on it, I think navy can have a place in your concept if you do it right!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I like where this is going... I'm not too sure about the alternate logo, but I like the overall look of the uniforms. As a Dolphins fan, I was disappointed when they picked orange over the navy blue to be the alternate uniform(they actually sold navy uniforms before they adopted the orange, but the team never wore them.) I'd like to see a navy jersey, white pants combo. As far as these go, I'd agree that if your going to have the blue, than it's got to be more prominent in the aqua and white jerseys. I'd lose the white collar on the aqua as well. Nice start though.

I actually love that alternate logo, something about it just grabs me. The wordmark, not so much, but at least you kept the cursive and didnt go with every other recent NFL wordmark. Jerseys are okay too, but I like the current jerseys better than these.

All in all, thanks for doing a Phins concept, I enjoyed looking at it!

dolphins2.png

I really dig the orange drop-shadows, instead of the navy. I also like the orange jerseys, but I have to agree with FishHeatCats about the heavy use of navy in that concept, though. He's right- They DO look like a Bears alternate. Nice use of the alternate logo on the alternate jersey, too! I'd probably try to match the shading in the 'D' alternate logo with the shading on the 'Dolphin' logo, but these are really solid!

Sigs are for sissies.

As a Fins fan (shoot me now...) I'm mixed about it. I love the update to the old school unis, but I HATE the navy. I think it should be eliminated completely, but if not, I think it works as an accent color. Like someone said, the alt looks like it could be the Bears. Maybe try going with the teal or white for the collars on the alts?

Love the updated logo and the D...really nice job and a good start. Just work on those alts!

Oh, and off point, but might be worth trying...I've always thought the logo might look good with a shade of grey instead of the navy. Dolphins are grey in general, so either making the teal a grey and accenting that with teal, or keeping the dolphin teal and accenting it with grey. I might be crazy, but I think it'd look good.

As a Fins fan (shoot me now...) I'm mixed about it. I love the update to the old school unis, but I HATE the navy. I think it should be eliminated completely, but if not, I think it works as an accent color. Like someone said, the alt looks like it could be the Bears. Maybe try going with the teal or white for the collars on the alts?

Love the updated logo and the D...really nice job and a good start. Just work on those alts!

Oh, and off point, but might be worth trying...I've always thought the logo might look good with a shade of grey instead of the navy. Dolphins are grey in general, so either making the teal a grey and accenting that with teal, or keeping the dolphin teal and accenting it with grey. I might be crazy, but I think it'd look good.

You're not alone, at least on the dolphin part. I mean, it seems elementary, right? :P

Archived